Bush's Chicken College Station

21,653 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To think that this thread is that it all started because a guy couldn't get his 39 cent sweet tea fix one evening.

Anyway, I go to the Texas Ave location and have always been treated well and the taste of the chicken and rolls has always been good. Hopefully the TP location will soon get up to snuff as well.
EMY92
AG
There is one 5 minutes from my house (not in BCS). Their drive through is always packed and they move vehicles through there in a hurry.

I am an inside order type of person and the service is very fast and the food is always hot and good. I guess it's easy to keep the food hot when the place is so busy.
Tailgate88
AG
pepe the dog said:

If you feel you want to open a food oriented business in BCS, the better move would be standing on a street corner on Texas Avenue and hand out $20 bills until you run out of money.

The public (and Texags) will love you and you will reenter the job market much faster than working 18 hour days for six months for nothing.
AggiePhil
AG
Looks like they might've finally given up the ghost . Just drove by and the parking lot is empty and open sign is off.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
AggiePhil said:

Looks like they might've finally given up the ghost . Just drove by and the parking lot is empty and open sign is off.
at Bushs Tower Point?

maybe another reorganization? to try and get right and re-open?
AggiePhil
AG
Yeah, Tower Point. I'm hoping the reorganization will involve Wienerschnitzel coming in and taking over that space.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I'm hoping the reorganization will involve DQ coming in and taking over that space.
FIFY
Kitten With A Whip
AGnCS said:

Quote:

I'm hoping the reorganization will involve Grandy's coming in and taking over that space.
FIFY

FIFY TOO
Rockdoc
AG
Yep, DQ or Grandys either one. That would be great.
MiMi
S
Just drove by. Open sign on. Couple of cars in the drive thru and a few customers inside.
ontheedge
Chicken stand stalkers! (grins)
Scotch
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

I'm hoping the reorganization will involve DQ coming in and taking over that space.
FIFY

CS only having one DQ is a tradition. I think Bryan should get a fifth one again, four just doesn't cut it.
Rexter
I want my sweet tea.... I WANT MY SWEET TEA!!!

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wait Grandys is a thing again?
Gigem314
AG
Ate there a few months back and didn't think it was bad. Their drive thru was pretty quick.

The worst is the Whataburger in South College Station by Lowes. Awful customer service.
Kitten With A Whip
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Wait Grandys is a thing again?
It died off almost everywhere except the DFW area. Still going strong there! Oklahoma and a few other states have some locations, as well. I think there is an obscure location Victoria, too.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I make a point to stop at Grandys when I travel. I wish we still had one
91_Aggie
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

You have got to be joking. The food was the same quality of my high school cafeteria food and that was cafeteria food made in the mid 1980s.

There is a reason the one town closed. Crappy food.
AgGunNut
AG
Can anyone explain the rationale behind the strange drive-thru design at every Bush's?
91_Aggie
AG
AgGunNut said:

Can anyone explain the rationale behind the strange drive-thru design at every Bush's?

Trying to be different I guess. It's like that that stupid ordering system at Willys grill. Make you stand at the counter and have to decide what you want while in line. But then have a waitress come by and confirm your order and then start it.

Stupid. If you make me.order at the counter then I don't need a waitress.
75AG
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

They had some damn good cinnamon rolls!
BQ_90
AG
91_Aggie said:

AgGunNut said:

Trying to be different I guess. It's like that that stupid ordering system at Willys grill. Make you stand at the counter and have to decide what you want while in line. But then have a waitress come by and confirm your order and then start it.

Stupid. If you make me.order at the counter then I don't need a waitress.
He's I've never understood this process
Burnsey
AG
BrazosBull said:

Todd, with all respect , by your own admission you recognized these service problems " several months ago" and you are still training a new management team to fix them ? And you are waiting to open a new store before you fix the problems in the established stores ? I seriously doubt with that kind of commitment that these problems will be fixed at all.

I can tell you either have never managed a business or managed one poorly.

Kudos to Todd for coming into Texags, not hiding behind a user name, acknowledging the past problems, and sharing with us his commitment, plans and confidence in resolving the problems shared by the OP.
Burnsey
AG
75AG said:

aggiepaintrain said:

They had some damn good cinnamon rolls!

Food so good they have almost gone out of business, despite the badass cinnamon rolls.
AggiePhil
AG
Aaand at 3:45 AM, the Open sign is on.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The Grandy's I stop at are always busy. No one said it was like eating at Christopher's.
No one has better cinnamon rolls.

gc2007
Great experience last night. Ordered our food and pulled out of parking lot in under 5 minutes. Got home to steaming hot food and extra of each item thrown in.
The only reason I won't go back soon is because I try to keep fried food as a treat not a regular menu item.
The Anchor
AG
We went after church yesterday. Great service and food was OK. Chicken E is better.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

Great experience last night. Ordered our food and pulled out of parking lot in under 5 minutes. Got home to steaming hot food and extra of each item thrown in.
this is what they were doing when they first opened. if you ordered a 4 piece or whatever they were giving you 6. obviously i know they can't keep doing this but it was pretty cool. they may not be able to keep doing that but they need to find the good customer service they had in my early visits.
EMY92
AG

Quote:

this is what they were doing when they first opened. if you ordered a 4 piece or whatever they were giving you 6. obviously i know they can't keep doing this but it was pretty cool. they may not be able to keep doing that but they need to find the good customer service they had in my early visits.
They do keep doing that. I've been eating at the ones around Waco for years, I order the 4 piece tender basket and have rarely ever gotten 4 pieces. Usually 6 or 7.
AggiePhil
AG
Tried it again tonight. Place was deserted. Chicken strips were dry but not the worst I've eaten. Gravy was thick and better than Chicken E or Wings. Green beans and rolls were good. All in all, it was so-so.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
EMY92 said:

Quote:

They do keep doing that. I've been eating at the ones around Waco for years, I order the 4 piece tender basket and have rarely ever gotten 4 pieces. Usually 6 or 7.

This particular location hasn't been doing it. Forget the extras though...lately they couldn't even do the basic stuff right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.