Driving test route

30,209 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXCityGirl
alwayssomething
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know the usual route for the Bryan DPS driving test? Or a link online showing it? Thanks in advance.
Ratsa
My son took his driving test there about a year ago. I don't know the exact route, but I do know a lot of it was on the feeder roads in the area. They also went through the school zone at Navarro Elementary, went through some neighborhood streets, and returned to DPS by heading north on Texas Ave., and then turning right on the southbound feeder road near Davila Middle School. If you're not familiar with the area, I would definitely suggest driving around it before the driving test, because the intersection at the feeder road and Tabor is kind of weird. The southbound feeder as you approach Tabor is one-way. When you get to Tabor it suddenly becomes two-way, which can take you by surprise if you're not expecting it. Best of luck to your driver!
91_Aggie
AG
Do NOT hit the curb while backing up after the parallel parking part. Instant fail before you even get out of the parking lot.
cz308
Hard to believe that parallel parking is still a thing these days. It was a part of my driving test for my cdl.

I'll drive an extra block and to find a normal spot if I have to.
CEAg78
AG
cz308 said:

Hard to believe that parallel parking is still a thing these days. It was a part of my driving test for my cdl.

I thought parallel parking was "normal".???
MisterShipWreck
Go to Brenham and take the test. Just a suggestion. Much likelier chance of success.
Oogway
cz308 said:

Cool! Thanks for leaving me a spot!
BaitShack
AG
I may have a map. I'll check this afternoon.
BaitShack
AG
This was good as of a year and a half ago.

As relayed to me...

1. Turn right out of the DPS
2. Turn right on the first street (Laura Ave)
3. Drive until Laura dead ends into Stevens Dr.
4. Turn left on Stevens Dr.
5. Turn right onto Tx Frontage Rd
6. Drive until the traffic light
7. Turn left under the bridge
8. Turn left immediately on Frontage Rd
9. Drive on Frontage Rd until you see next bridge
10. Turn right before the bridge
11. Make an immediate left, then another left to go over the bridge (Woodville Rd)
12. Drive down Woodville Dr. until it hits Texas Ave.
13. Drive for a while until you can get on Tx 6 Frontage Rd
14. Make a right on the Frontage Rd
15. Drive until you see DPS
16. Turn right into the DPS office
UmustBKidding
I know the thing they flunked most kids over when my son started driving is cutting across the double yellow line during left turns on two way access roads. My son passed but his comment was I am not sure how she would have known if I did anything incorrectly, she never looked up from her phone while instant messaging people.
alwayssomething
Thanks all for the help! Time to practice!
AgTrip
My kid took the test in Hempstead and it was a piece of cake!
FlyRod
I've never been to a First Friday where parallel parking wasn't necessary. Some skills are forever,
VegasT
AG
Anyone know what the Safeway Driving (out of HEB) driving test route is and how they test parallel parking?
JayHowdy!
If your College Station student wants to take an unbiased driving test. Take them to A-Plus driving school in Spring. The Spring DPS office is not too far away, so that you can get the license after the test. You can get it knocked out in a short afternoon trip.

Do not waste the time and effort at this DPS office.
badbilly
AG
Maybe it's time to send a collective message to Austin and get new leadership at our DPS. It's insane the number of people locally that won't do a driving test there because of their reputation.
befitter
Go elsewhere. Bryan DPS is a disaster and the woman that tests is famous for failing teen drivers. Spend the money and go sign up at SafeWay driving at HEB and your kid will actually learn something from that instructor.
Manish
Does anyone have the route map for the DL driving test at Brenham TX? I would appreciate getting any sort of input here.

Best
Manish
TXCityGirl
Drivers Ed or Drivers testing...
Go to Safe Way Driving in College Station, based at the Tower Point HEB on William D. Fitch...
https://www.safewaydriving.com/locations/college-station
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.