D&D still the best movers?

9,092 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mmetag10
AggiePlaya
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just by reading this thread I've seen enough of D&D's style to know I will never use them.
Cancelled
AG
Use XD. Good people. For full disclosure, they are friends and clients of mine.
AgsWin2011
AG
I used G&M to move me from DFW to BCS. First time I've ever hired movers and I don't think I would call anyone else.
DDMOVERS
AG
To the people on this forum who have had a good experience using D&D moving, we are happy that we were able to serve you to your expectations and appreciate your recommendations and kind words. I hope we can continue to earn your business in the future.

To those of you who were less than satisfied with myself or my employees, My wife and I would like the chance to discuss your past move with us to see how we can help the situation and better ourselves for future customers.

I appreciate all the feedback but think it would be much more beneficial to talk over the phone or communicate through email.

If there is something about our service, it would be best for everyone involved to discuss your unique situation outside of a message forum because I have no way of knowing who you are and therefore can't understand or possibly know which move you are referring to or what happened on that move.

Here is my email address: dan@ddmovers.com or lindy@ddmovers.com

Here is my phone number: 979-412-1358 Cell

If I am on a job or busy with a customer, I will get back with you as soon as possible.

I am currently out of the country until next week and will return on Tuesday, July 5th

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc
979-693-6233
techno-ag
AG
It's very difficult for a business to address issues on an anonymous board like this. Sometimes people throw out allegations of poor service and there's no way to verify if the events occurred the way they say, or even who the person is making the allegations.

Beyond that, every business has dissatisfied customers from time to time, and they are often far more vocal about their dissatisfaction. I alway give poor reviews on here about 1/10 the credibility of positive reviews.

D&D is doing a good professional job of dealing with these anonymous accusations. I'd have no qualms about using them if I needed a mover.
nonag97
quote:

It's very difficult for a business to address issues on an anonymous board like this. Sometimes people throw out allegations of poor service and there's no way to verify if the events occurred the way they say, or even who the person is making the allegations.

Beyond that, every business has dissatisfied customers from time to time, and they are often far more vocal about their dissatisfaction. I alway give poor reviews on here about 1/10 the credibility of positive reviews.

D&D is doing a good professional job of dealing with these anonymous accusations. I'd have no qualms about using them if I needed a mover.
I'm not going to disagree with what you wrote, but when said business comes on here and accuses the negative posters as being competitors undergoing a smear campaign that's not good customer service, not in the least. It's incredibly dismissive and outright flippant.
DDMOVERS
AG
If you would like to contact me directly and/or stop by my office, I can certainly show you proof of these actions that you can see for yourself!

Yes, it is very sad but it does happen in small businesses more times than you could ever imagine!
halibut sinclair
Brazos Moving and Storage did a couple jobs for us last year and did a great job.
Post removed:
by user
malibu9in1
quote:

Not everyone that posts negatively is your competition, dude. I am a computer engineer who lives in Wellborn who had the misfortune of having used you twice over the past 15 years. The first time your guys, showed up late, smelling like MD 20/20 and they broke a $500 aquarium, and you claimed it was already broken and didn't make it right. The second time was for my new bride, and her parents paid for the move, because I would never use you again. Your guys punched a hole in the wall, and broke her bedframe.

EOT
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
I would be glad to address your complaint, however your FREE membership doesn't allow me to send you a private message!

Feel free to contact me @ dan@ddmovers.com

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
why is FREE capitalized in this response?

cslifer
Who knows, maybe they have gotten better over time, but I will never use them again. They moved my wife and I into a brand new house (did the final walk through less than 24 hrs prior). Several dings and dents in the walls when they were done that they claimed where already there. Shockingly I never heard back from them about repairs.
Post removed:
by user
Darth Football
quote:
quote:
I would be glad to address your complaint, however your FREE membership doesn't allow me to send you a private message!

Feel free to contact me @ dan@ddmovers.com

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
why is FREE capitalized in this response?

This is the post that really catches my eye and tells me what kind of people we are dealing with. Capitalizing the FREE is smarmy and unnecessary. I've never used DD and I'm pretty sure I never will.
DDMOVERS
AG
I would love the opportunity to make everything correct that we as a company, D&D Moving, might have not done as one had preferred or expected! For those that did not have a good experience, I hope we can earn your business in the future, whatever it may take.

I am sorry for capitalizing the word FREE as well on a past post!

Please understand that I take a lot of pride in what we do and take this business very personal!

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc.
979-693-6233
Frio Cielo
D&D moved a heavy player piano for me across town a couple of years ago and did a fine job.
Mmetag10
AG
Have used D&D in the past and were happy. But the past two times left us with a bad taste in our mouths. They moved us to houston and way underestimated the truck needed. We ended up having to completely unload the truck and move it to a different truck which was also to small. We finally got there HOURS delayed and we were having to help and rush to just get to bed before the wee morning hours. They ended up leaving some of my things saying they would come back for them and deliver them. (Never happened) I had to drive back up and get them myself. That day my wife and i decided we'd never use them again. The past 2-3 moves we've used XD and couldn't be happier.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.