best place for a cup of coffee in BCS?

7,241 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
AggiePirate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What's the buzz served at Cafe Eccell.
You got me curious. What is the buzz over there coffee wise?
Yuccadoo
1541 also sells beans and ground coffee roasted in the Davis Mountain area. Frankly, I like it better than almost any coffee I have ever tasted, and I have had my share of coffee. What's the Buzz is my second choice for roasted beans....they have much more variety than others locally that I know of.
FlyRod
Harvest uses Amaya from Dallas, and sells beans as well. Had a nice cup this afternoon that was just tasty as all get out.
phatpat21
The new coffee at Chick-fil-a isn't bad at all for a fast food place. It's free for one more day too.
The Wife and I like sweet eugenes
caoimhin
Interesting that no one has said Sweet Eugene's.

Their coffee is good .. I don't know about 'the best' but the coffee and environment beats Starbucks.

have to try 1541 and Harvest now.
rcannaday
AG
What's the buzz bean are terrible, and their customer service is anything but great.

Harvest coffee great atmosphere, 1541 the same.

Mugwall's and Sweet Eugene's are not great. I'd skip them.

Espresso Beans from a great place nationally:

Velton's

If your looking for great outsourced coffee beans at a reasonable price:

Fresh Roasted Coffee

FlyRod
quote:
What's the buzz bean are terrible, and their customer service is anything but great.

Have been buying them for years at their business. The beans have always been top notch and the service has been friendly and informative. Their monthly cuppings, where you get to taste 3-4 different coffees at various stages are fun and interesting.

Its a great local roaster that hopefully will pave the way for others in BCS.
RXAggie02
AG
I've been buying Buzz's Ethopian and another that the name has fled me. Run them through my /breville espresso maker. Makes a good cup. However, I was challenged to try the "espresso" beans from HEB and have stuck with them since. I thought it was my extraction at first, but went back to Buzz's and I like my HEB better.

I still buy the Buzz's mix for my Coffee maker if I need a pot, because I like it
basketaggie
AG
Sweet Eugenes!
amdee28
quote:
My Daily Bread

They also use What's The Buzz.
Yuccadoo
Tried Harvest this AM; Cappuccino....meh. Three Berry Muffin? Super meh.

We all have different tastes.

To really find things to gripe about, I didn't like the way they wired their ceiling lamps. I know...pretty chicken scat, huh?

But hey...we're talking TexAgs here, where a missing pizza topping can spell immediate execution.

I do think they have potential.

Meanwhile, I'll stick with 1541. I'm friends with them, the pastries are very good, and I love their coffee. I just wish they had better digs than a strip center.

CIAO!
Bryanisbest
AG
McDonalds
FlyRod
One less person to take up a table at Harvest.

Thanks Yucco. I have to admit, the view of the Walmart from 1541 might just beat the view of the Subway from Harvest.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.