Propane providers

8,826 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by lockett93
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Tex just installed a tank at our house this morning. Showed up when they said they would, installed and filled up - all in about an hour and 15 minutes. Nice guys. $1.69 a gallon. It's great when people actually show up when they say they will!! Thanks!!
propaniack
Thank you Jetty It was a pleasure. That 1.69 is not a introductory rate It is our regular current price. our tanks are leased for 64.95 per year.
dave99ag
AG
Thinking I might make the switch from Sharp to Star Tex. Sharp failed to search for leaks when called out and now I'm stuck with a huge bill. Not a happy camper with them right now.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Just called Amerigas. $2.99/ga!?!? WTF??

I read this thread last night and saw someone quoted Amerigas > $2/ga. I told the lady she was making it very difficult for me to retain them as a provider. They got me for just under $4/ga in Jan. about $1200 to fill. Crazy.

Calling Star Tex based on other inputs in this thread...
propaniack
Call me at 254 627 9106 979 325 9106 (they go to my same phone) I so would like to tell folks whats going on with propane pricing in BCS,, but few believe it..
aggiebeck
I'm also looking to switch to Star Tex. They were $1 less per gallon than Sharp when I checked a week or so ago.

We currently have a below ground tank that is leased through Sharp. They told me my only option if I switch providers is to buy the tank for $1200.

Any know what the going rate is for a 250 gallon propane tank? New or used? Just trying to get an idea of what typical pricing is so I can negotiate.
originaltexan
$1200 for below sounds about right.

Factor in the cost of removal and re-doing.

Ask Albert how much...he knows..
jskin261
We switched to Ferrellgas out of Caldwell last year for our forklift propane supplier and I know we paid around 1.50 per gallon last week. We are on a weekly plan but before the switch the previous provider was over 3.50 per gallon.
Spyderman
AG
Brazos Valley Welding Only place in BCS that will inspect your tanks.
deh40
AG
What's the current price for propane in College Station?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
paid 1.9490/gal in september
maddiedou
AG
What about the J B Propane that advertises on 1620 Any info on them. I have sharp and just paid 2.03 in November is that what others are paying in November.
deh40
AG
Price I just got quoted was $2.39. Is that in line with current pricing?
lockett93
AG
2.39 sounds high, but depends on tank size and how many gallons buying for a truck roll.

Call Amerigas, Texas Propane, Star Tex, JandB, etc
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.