Cafe Eccell

20,542 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dave99ag
Kendall Rogers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scruffy
AG
I agree with techno.

This town should have more "nice/fine" dining establishments.
Sounds like things are starting off well.
FlyRod
Heck I'd be happy if we had even one.

I KID!!!!
Findlaydy
Enjoyed lunch there today. It was BUSY, and there are still some issues to resolve - slow service, no cream for the coffee. But we weren't in a hurry and the food was amazing.

oh, and THAI.CHILE.PORK SHANKS!!!!!! Wow!
C XX I
While I thoroughly enjoyed my experience, and the food specifically, I'm not sure I'd call it high end. Between the kids racing through the tables and fighting in the corner, to the TVs in every room and big glass views of the employee parking, it didn't feel very "high end". Which is NOT to say that it wasn't very enjoyable and well worth the money, but it's a place I'd feel comfortable in casual clothing on a relaxed afternoon. I guess I'd compare it more to Maddens at lunch than Maddens at dinner, if that makes sense.
BeardedBear
AG
quote:
I agree Cafe, your website needs updating.

If you like my website, I can get yours looking good and accurate.

originaltexan@outlook.com

Look the originaltexan website to see what I can do.

Don't worry man, we're working on it.

-Drift
Costa and Andreas
Truth!

We are definitely not high end, nor are we trying in any way to be. We made a strong effort on the menu and in the restaurant to project a nicer, casual feel. We increased sandwiches, appetizers, desserts and pizzas.

As before and always, we want both flip flops and tuxedos.

Thanks!

C XX I
It's a great styling, and I love it.
91_Aggie
AG
Ate there at lunch today... had the mini taco plate.

Food was good. Service was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry.

One minor gripe... I ordered the $2 add-on of guacamole and had trouble portioning out enough of the tiny, little cup of guacamole onto my 4 mini-tacos.

Would like to see a little more guac for that add-on price.

But other than that, very good.
CN
Welll that was fast. Their new website, which looks much better than the previous one, is up with menus.
BeardedBear
AG
quote:
Welll that was fast. Their new website, which looks much better than the previous one, is up with menus.

Thanks! We were really happy with how the site came together. It is pretty easy to make a good website when you have great food and an awesome space to photograph.

-Drift

[This message has been edited by Beardedbear (edited 8/29/2014 12:40p).]
halibut sinclair
Nice website.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you! I have to give the credit to the guys at Drifting Creatives. Gavin and Martin met with us during concept development many months ago and have partnered with us through the entire process. My hat's off to the their expertise and how they listened closely to our vision.

The site has a couple small corrections we need to address, which we will do shortly.

Thanks again!
Tailgate88
AG
Costa,

It looks like you don't take reservations for more than parties of four on Friday or Saturday?
Costa and Andreas
We actually take reservations of all sizes all of the time. However, opentable.com restricts parties over 6 and perceived over bookings. If opentable.com disallows your query, please call us at 5997929 and we will certainly do our best to accommodate your request.

Thank you
nateaggie2000
AG
Miss that shrimp blt. It was soooo good.
Brat86
AG
Back with the family last Sunday, service was very good, your getting back into your groove. The pork shanks where off the chart good! Great meal and a great time!
texanna
Is there a separate lunch menu? On the new website, when you click dinner or dessert menus they open in a new tab. One the brunch menu, it does nothing. I couldn't find any pictures of menus on the website either. Just curious to see lunch options as I don't typically stay in B/CS for dinner.

FWIW, I'm really glad to see they're back open!
DrAeroAg05
AG
My wife and her cousin went for dinner a couple nights ago. They said it was great and brought back a strawberry tart for me, which was VERY good (highly recommended)! I'm looking forward to checking out the new place myself... I always enjoyed eating there before.
Costa and Andreas
There is one menu for lunch and dinner. Brunch is just a tab we added with the possible plans of doing brunch. Soon you will see that tab change to "Bloody Mary Bar/Weekly Features". Which will include descriptions of weekly specials and our current brunch features.

There are various photos throughout the entire web page of a few items, but we do not have photos of all items on the page.

thank you
mgreen
Miss the Shrimp bit as well. My go to dish for lunch.

Broncos
Is there a bar area in the new Cafe Eccell?

Want to try it out tonight but watch football also.
Costa and Andreas
Broncos,

We have a large bar/lounge that seats about 75. Our bar is about 45 feet long.

thanks!
Broncos
Awesome. Should be there about the start of the second quarter!
techno-ag
AG
Finally got by there the other day. You'd never know the place used to be a Luby's. Love the covered entrance and I think that combined with the valet service will be really nice, especially in the rain.

The bar area is huge. The inside looks great. I had a blackened fish sandwich and it was better than the fish tacos at most places. Love the healthy fare offered. If you're tired of greasy stuff, CE is for you.

The place was hoppin'. Lots of customers. Looks like they're off to a great start.
FlyRod
quote:
If you're tired of greasy stuff, CE is for you.

Do they have greasy stuff if you want it? And if so, how greasy?
halibut sinclair
CN
I ate there a couple of nights ago. The baba ganoush in the Mediterranean Plate was better than I remember and was a welcome return. The strawberry tart has shrunk yet again but is still very good.

Service was a bit slow but our server seemed a bit green and perhaps had too many tables.

I'm looking forward to the special menu items. Hopefully, we can see some of the old favorites brought back at least on a limited basis. My personal favorites were the Thai chicken pizza, corn fritters, crab and bacon pizza, crab cappellini, and of course the best Chilean sea bass I've ever had.
Stucco
The menu PDF is 7.4 MB? A little web friendly compression can go a long way.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks.

Sea Bass will definitely make another make another appearance at some juncture. Thai Chicken has never sold well EVERY time we've tried putting it back on. Maybe we'll give it a go again, but I'm not convinced yet. Corn fritters did not sell that well either.

Let me just say that if something sells well, we would never take it off. Wouldn't make any sense.

We will make Crab and Bacon Pizza on request (ask server to tell Cody, Costa or Andreas), but not Crab Cappellini, as we don't carry the product. Just made a crab pizza two days ago.

We are working with web guys on the menu download......agreed.

Tart has not shrunk, nor has it ever. Possible reasons for a smaller one are
1) human error since they are handmade from scratch
2) accidentally served a half tart shell

thanks!
Bob_Ag
AG
Wife and I ate for lunch today. Awesome service and super fast (ate at bar area). Food was great as well although my wife thought the salad could be a little bigger. Other than that, I was very impressed. BTW, restaurant looks great.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks Bob!
Broncos
A quick review of my visit last night...

I like the layout and it has a really cool vibe. Our waiter was excellent. Made great recommendations and was very prompt. I had the chicken street tacos which were very good. My girlfriend had fish and said it was awesome.

Drinks were great too. The peach Palmer was really good and the beer was cold.

Will definitely be going back.
gopitt
Had lunch there yesterday with a friend before the game. Outstanding burger, superb service in the bar area and very nice decor.
Will be back.
dfphotos
There's such a thing as a half tart?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.