5th grade graduation gifts?

19,434 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by isitjustme
foxfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back in the day.... just thankful he didn't have to 'repeat' the 5th grade (more than once).
jja79
AG
I assume everyone not advancing to the 6th grade will be getting a 5th grade participation ribbon.
foxfire
'79:

Are oak leaf clusters authorized? Like' "my son has a 5thgrade ribbon with 2OLC"..
bonfiresmoke
foxfire and jja79, you crack me up and I agree 100%!!!!
SA-AG72
AG
Get him a bookmark with an encouraging inscription from you. I have one I received from my third grade teacher that still means the world to me.
dubi
AG
Nothing but a card. Geez!
Scruffy
AG
I weep for the future.
wellboriginal
quote:
How about a nice box of thank you cards so the child can have an easier time writing the thank you cards to all those that bring gifts?

Oh, that's probably not done these days.

Harry...

It's done at my house.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I weep for the future.

You and me both.
My kid got a graduation gift from me when graduating 4th grade and moving to Intermediate school. A locker lock.

He also got a box of thank you cards---not for the grad gifts that he got (only got one from his parents and grandparents) but to write thank you's to his 4th grade teachers. On paper with pen. He wrote one to the school nurse, the PE Coach and all of his academic teachers. So, yes, it still happens.

[This message has been edited by 1.618 (edited 5/29/2014 9:35p).]
Tagguy
AG
quote:
My kid got a graduation gift for me when graduating 4th grade and moving to Intermediate school. A locker lock.

He also got a box of thank you cards---not for the grad gifts that he got (only got one from his parents and grandparents) but to write thank you's to his 4th grade teachers. On paper with pen. He wrote one to the school nurse, the PE Coach and all of his academic teachers. So, yes, it still happens.

Parenting done right
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
My kid got a graduation gift from me when graduating 4th grade and moving to Intermediate school. A locker lock.

[This message has been edited by 1.618 (edited 5/29/2014 9:35p).]
justcallmeharry
S
I am really glad to see that the thank you cards still get sent! Some things are still right in this world.

Harry...

ETA - My stepdaughter has her supply of thank you cards replenished regularly - for her teachers and for any gift-givers.

[This message has been edited by justcallmeharry (edited 5/30/2014 8:41a).]
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
5th grade graduation gift

I thought this was someone trying to make a joke. Then I read more post and realized that this is serious.

Beam me up Scotty, I'm done.
Leslie
Wanted to fill everyone in on the 5th grade graduation....

HUGE event. Standing room only at the school cafeteria. The all walked in, had awards, slide show, walked the stage. There were tons of parents with balloons, flowers, cards, etc. Cookie/punch reception followed.

I decided on a graduation card & a $10 gift card to Bahama Bucks...that is one of our favorite spots!
BlazeHarper
Why exactly do they graduate from the 5th grade ? Was this a private school ? I know CSISD schools do 1-4 then 5-6 then 7-8 then finally high school at 9-12. I have never considered or heard of graduating an individual grade level with exception of the last year in high school.
ksp
man on FB there is a graduation it appears for apparently every single grade leading up to HS. Gets sporadic from there but still saw some 9th, 10th and 11th grade ones.

I'll refrain comment other than just WOW
originaltexan
gift card to REpublic steak house
farmer2010
AG
When I graduated 5th grade, all my dad did for me was told me to get a job.
originaltexan
I got a pair of work gloves, hard hat, and Redwings. Told to go hit it.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I got a pair of work gloves, hard hat, and Redwings. Told to go hit it.

Builds character. Hopefully the op gets the kid this.
isitjustme
AG
quote:
Why exactly do they graduate from the 5th grade ? Was this a private school ? I know CSISD schools do 1-4 then 5-6 then 7-8 then finally high school at 9-12.

Most likely the kid goes to school in Bryan, where they still have the grades correctly grouped: k-5, 6-8, and 9-12. The new bond package they're about to bring may louse this up, so another reason to vote no.

Also, since op gave her update yesterday, and yesterday was the last day for BISD schools, then that also makes me think the kid in question goes to school in Bryan.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.