Private Swim Lessons?

15,548 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by gigemags03
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I taught swim lessons through the YMCA for 4 years, specializing in ages 3-5. I'd love to help you out.

Feel free to message me if you're interested, and I can also give you some character references.

My email is in my profile.
I'm interested but I don't see an email address in your profile. Could you post it here, at least temporarily? Thanks.
waterchick
The last three replies prior to AggiePhil's were from posters who said they could teach, but no contact info was provided. Add me to the list of parents needing private/semi-private lessons. I know of one person but want to line up other options. Thanks in advance!
montegobay
That old thread is from three to four years ago; chances are those students mentioned are no longer here in town.
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
That old thread is from three to four years ago; chances are those students mentioned are no longer here in town.
Crap. That's what happens when you have multiple browser tabs open at once. Sorry for the necropost guys!
waterchick
Eh, I would still appreciate some names and contact info, so I appreciate the zombie post.
RepublicBrand
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Infant-Self-Rescue-Swim-Classes-Now-Offered-in-BCS-177016531.html
Shellie Stasny can teach any kid to swim. She really is great at it. She offers lessons all year long.
Sponsor Message | Republic Brand. The Texas Lifestyle Company. Made in Aggieland by Aggies. |
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Infant-Self-Rescue-Swim-Classes-Now-Offered-in-BCS-177016531.html
Shellie Stasny can teach any kid to swim. She really is great at it. She offers lessons all year long.
All booked up till 2017 according to her website.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've given some individual lessons before. I used to be a competitive swimmer and a lifeguard.

The only catch is I don't have a pool and I broke my leg/ankle last week so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get in the water....
RepublicBrand
AG
Well yes she is super good. I imagine she will take the course soon where she can be an instructor with other instructors underneath her. But I believe she had to be an instructor for a certain number of years before she could do that.
CS78
quote:
All booked up till 2017 according to her website.

nthomas99
AG
Bump on this thread. Any update on instructors for summer 2017. I have 3 children and am wondering if private lessons would help them progress faster than the city lesson we've done the last few years.

thank
MiMi
S
Quote:

Bump on this thread. Any update on instructors for summer 2017. I have 3 children and am wondering if private lessons would help them progress faster than the city lesson we've done the last few years.
I believe the city Water Safety Instructors and most 'private' instructors have all been certified by the American Red Cross, therefore should be teaching a similar curriculum. The difference between the two will be seen if you have a 1on1 instructor that can progress your child faster through the levels.

I know the Castlegate II Aquatic Center is advertising private and semi-private lessons (you don't have to be a Castlegate II member to take lessons). Castlegate II Aquatic Swim Lessons

Edited to add: I'm a parent of 3 children, all who took swim lessons through the City of College Station during the summer. My oldest will be starting his second summer as a Water Safety Instructor next month. My middle child will be starting her 3rd summer as a WSI Aide next month as well. My youngest, after completion of all the Red Cross levels a couple years ago, joined the city swim team at 10 yrs old and was well prepared to compete.
meezermom
We're back in the same boat again this summer. I had someone lined up to come to our house and teach them and it fell through. If anyone has any recommendations, I would really appreciate it!
nthomas99
AG
Looks like we're going to do Aerofit (Longmire location), after coming up empty on other instructor leads.

Multiple friends of my wife suggested them. They have group and semi-private lessons.

Group lessons, much like city, 2 week sessions, 4 lessons/week, age group 3-5 and 4-6, $65

Semi-private, two kids of similar skill, must provide both kids, $70/kid for 5 lessons, $125/kid for 10 lessons, schedule at your convenience.
The Anchor
AG
We signed up with Glenn Williams at AeroFit. My 3 old starts private lessons next week, so I don't know how good he is yet. However, we have heard great things from numerous friends. His contact info is glenncwilliams@ymail.com
gigemags03
AG
Coach Glenn is fantastic. We are using him for our third summer with my daughter. We tried the semi private with someone else her first year, but they did not come close to improving her skills as much as he has. His son Reed is also great and teaches my younger one at the same time as Glenn teaches the oldest.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.