Has anyone tried the Medi Weightloss Clinic in CS?

8,847 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by chucktheaggiejeweler
LuvMyBoys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am thinking about trying this program. Anyone tried this place and do you have any tips for making it easier?
boredatwork08
AG
quote:
Anyone tried this place and do you have any tips for making it easier?

I'm just gonna say it.

You don't lose weight by taking the easy route.

And here, I'll save you a few hundred (thousand? How much do these programs cost?) dollars:

Eat less + Move more = Lower weight

[This message has been edited by boredatwork08 (edited 10/5/2011 1:26p).]
Big un
AG
Go to the Health and Fitness forum and check out ChucktheAggieJeweler's post. Gabe Bock had a "success story" too posted just recently.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
I'm just gonna say it.

You don't lose weight by taking the easy route.

And here, I'll save you a few hundred (thousand? How much do these programs cost?) dollars:

Eat less + Move more = Lower weight

This x 1000

But I bet they have some great magic pills that will just burn the weight off of you while you sit on the couch and eat potato chips
Cabrito Loco
Losing weight is not an easy thing to do.

As for the Medi-weight diet, I have known 2 people who did it. One person stuck with it for about a month, then gave it up because it was too mundane. The other person is still on it. In the last 2 months, he has lost a total of 45 pounds. In addition to the meals/shakes he is also walking or riding a bicycle everyday. So yes the plan is helping him lose...anyone on a 800 calorie-a-day diet will lose weight...but the hardest part is sticking to it, and adding the exercise.

Personally, I am in the middle of dropping weight by going the eat less/eat better/get off the couch routine and it is working rather well.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
You don't lose weight by taking the easy route

I wouldn't exactly call an 800cal/day diet the "easy" route.
violiav
I have a hard time sticking to diet plans. I like pizza too much But the being more active is working out for me. Over all I've lost about 15 lbs. Not a lot, but that's fine. I'm in no rush.
boredatwork08
AG
quote:
I wouldn't exactly call an 800cal/day diet the "easy" route.

The OP was asking how to make it easier.
BDD1218
AG
My wife did it and loved it. It helped her get rid of her bad eating habits and she learned to eat the right way. She easily met her goal and then some. It's not for everyone, but she really liked the guided program.

[This message has been edited by BDD1218 (edited 10/5/2011 9:22p).]
95_Aggie
AG
quote:

gotcha
RDH80
AG
OP
I'm on it right now. I have lost 43 pounds so far. I have tried many other programs but couldn't stick to it. This was easier for me because I have FEWER choices. Others see that as being boring. Whatever works.

NO HCG--Medically supervised--Lots of vitamins. B-12 , Lots of water...protein,(500-700 cal/day) vegetables & fruit---no refined carbs. Rx Appetite suppressant if you need it (but they also have an herbal one) Yes, you can still have your coffee if you want it. Exercise.

For those of you who subscribe to the "get off your fat *ss and exercise and eat less" mantra--that doesn't work for everyone. In theory, yes, but not everyone is that disciplined and motivated (for whatever reason--embarrassment, low self esteem, physically incapable due to joint injuries, etc) As you lose weight, you will feel like exercising more.
Good luck with your decision and success, OP.

not accusing any of the above posts about the fat *ss comments. Actually, the responses were pretty tame compared to other threads. FYI- NEVER post on the general board about weight loss advice

[This message has been edited by RDH80 (edited 10/5/2011 6:09p).]
violiav
What's the cost like?
AggiePhil
AG
Is this the one on Tarrow that's gone under several names over the past few years? If so, my wife tried it a while back and found that it's basically just a phentermine dispensary. She says it'd be better to simply see a dietician and ask your physician to prescribe phentermine. Again, maybe she went to a different place than the one being discussed here, IDK. And as always, YMMV.
TKDMom
quote:

The OP was asking about how to make the Medi Weightloss plan easier. A valid question when you're talking about such a low calorie diet. Yes, taking in fewer calories while increasing exercise is a way to lose weight, but sometimes, people need a little help with motivation and will power. You know, like support?

To the OP:

If it's a program you really want to do, you'll probably do fine with it. If it's allowed, I haven't ever tried it, so I don't know, try drinking lots of water and chewing sugar free gum. It can help a lot to keep you from focusing on being hungry.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
It is is new clinic owned by Dr. Dan Dawson. He and Lynda Jarrell (Nurse Practicioner) oversee your chart. The program is a very scientific & physician supervised way to combine fewer calories, correct nutrition, multi vitamins, Rx or herbal diet suppression, etc with exercise, to lose hypertension, elevated sugars, etc, and to lose fat specifically.

I ate the lean protein, fruit, veggies, felt great, so I started running and working out, etc.

I am down 50 lbs of fat, I am gaining muscle mass and definition.

THERE WILL BE MANY PEOPLE, WHO HAVE NOT BEEN TO MEDI-WEIGHTLOSS, DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, THINK IT IS SOMETHING ELSE ETC., THAT POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS...

They are simply unaware. I researched it, I went and learned more about it, I signed up, I had amazing results, and I feel like a kid.

I can run through push-ups, sit-ups, squats, running, now, and I get so much mroe from it.

...but I really committed to get this done. I really committed to changing my lifestyle, which is really what this program is about.

Some things work really well for some people. This worked for me.

BEFORE:

20 WEEKS LATER:

(not trying to brag, but defintely trying to encourage the OP to look into it at the clinic and learn the truth)

I know I am going to get killed on here, but my blood pressure, lower sugar, better sleep, energy, waistline, 5k time, and overall health speak very loudly.

God's Peace,
Chuck

[This message has been edited by chucktheaggiejeweler (edited 10/5/2011 10:19p).]
befitter
800 calories a day is unhealthy. Sure, you will lose weight and have no engergy to live your life.
Max06
AG
Chuck- love your boots, are those Anderson Beans?
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
befitter - unhealthy is carrying around a bunch of fat, clogging your arteries. 800 cal a day is a short term portion getting you to burn off your glucose and glycogen stores so your fat starts to burn.

AggiePhil - we are not the weight loss clinic on Tarrow. That clinic does HCG - good for men if you want to grow breast, good for women if you want irregular menses or if you are post menopausal, to start again.

We are not a phenteramine pill mill. We do use phenteramine, or more often, phendizatramine as part of our program for many, but not all, patients. It also includes a safe diet, close supervision, vitamin, herbal and other supplementation to keep you feeling good as you achieve weight loss that you want. I challenge you to find as close a supervision, a safer program, and one as convenient as ours. We have early morning, lunch and late day hours. And you can be in and out of our office in a very reasonable time.

I have had a lot of experience with different weight loss programs and issues with them. I and my partners at my primary practice had a weight loss program for many years that many patients found success with. But the limitations were many, including having to check in with other medical patients in a medical office and the attendant necessary wait. I approached the Medi WeightLoss concept with skepticism. But I found the concepts, and the implementation to be great. Lynda and my staff are solid. The protocols safe and effective. And the results speak for us. Chuck the Aggie Jeweler is not the only success story you will find in these forums. I see results every day. In my practice, at the hospitals in town, where many nurses and other staff have come to our clinic, and around town.

if you are interested, call us and schedule an appointment to come in and find out more about our program.

Daniel Dawson MD

Sponsor Message: Medi Weightloss Clinics College Station | The One That Works | 979.393.0369
mymainname3
Chuck, was it Medi or was it being on the council that has done this to you?
Medi-Weightloss Clinics
I was worried about the same thing Chuck - maybe eating fingernails is your diet!!!!!! Chuck is the real deal guys - and a great jeweler too. You get a great result and you dont have to pay for high overhead for retail space or marketing!!!!

Daniel Dawson MD

Sponsor Message: Medi Weightloss Clinics College Station | The One That Works | 979.393.0369
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Does insurance cover this by any chance? I sure could lose 45lbs easily?
fcag
AG
Wow Chuck! I wouldn't even recognize you on the street if you hadn't posted that pic.

Not sure I could do that. Food just tastes too good.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Max, yes, that's all I wear. Those are elephants. You cannot hurt them.

mymain, Medi = thinner; Council = greyer

Dan, you had to go throw out the threat of needing a Bro. That is pretty compelling.

Fcag, I eat food buddy! Now that I am past the loss phase, I eat more calories of very good food, and a larger variety than before Medi. I learned to love eating healthy more than not.

Cmac's Texican Salad for example, muey bueno yall!

Wade's salads at Shipwreck are incredible, especially the Lake Salad: fields greens, apples, cranberrys, walnuts and fetta cheese with rasberry vin dressing, and they will throw meat on it for ya... awesome!

Baked okra, good BBQ, glazed nuts, vegetables, 2 fruits a day, etc...

I love the way eating right makes me feel.

God's Peace,
Chuck

[This message has been edited by chucktheaggiejeweler (edited 10/6/2011 6:29p).]
howdyags10
How much does something like this cost?
RDH80
AG
check with your insurance carrier and ask them if they cover it. I will say this-- you no longer spend as much money on food (whether eating at home or in the restaurants), so you aren't really spending any additional dollars (at least I don't.)
I can't remember how much I spend at Medi...it depends on if you purchase any of the meal replacement items to have on-hand, or if you purchase additional vitamins/supplements. If you need the appetite suppressant, it is covered in the weekly fee.
Call and ask.
LuvMyBoys
I wasn't asking for an "easy way out" to lose the weight, mostly asking for responses from actual people who have tried it and if they had tips on meals, food etc. I was not aware of the Health and Fitness Forum, which I did find. Thanks Chuck and RDH80 for your sincere replies. To Bored and AggieBB, if I wanted real comedy, I would have to turned to Comedy Central.
befitter
I see results everyday as well. In the gym. People, eating real food, not taking drugs, not paying out money to yet another weight loss company. Eating right and moving their bodies. It isn't fast. It shouldn't be. But it is sustainable and it is reality.
AggieBB
AG
Comedy is thinking this temporary weight loss is anything more than just that. Lifestyle changes such as exercise and proportion control however do tend to be more permanent. I know, it sucks having to get up and sweat a little.
child of grace
S
Perhaps that is comedy, but arrogance is assuming you know what's best for someone else.

Isn't watching your caloric intake, making new food choices, & increasing your calorie burn changing your lifestyle? I don't get the disdain. Are you guys just as hard on folks doing Weight Watchers because it doesn't stress exercise as much as you think appropriate? Wow! I don't think you could get this kind of response unless you insulted someone's religion!
Allustriel
befitter-
It is hard to go to the gym when you are overweight. Not due to laziness, but due to the looks and attitude you get from other gym members. As someone who is overweight, I can not tell you how many times I've gotten nasty looks at the gym from people (including trainers) obviously thinking "What is someone like that doing here?" I've also been called names and harrassed while walking down the street by people (mostly teens) driving by. It's hard to "get out there" and lose the weight if people treat you like they'd prefer you didn't exist and didn't have to look at you. It's hard to lose weight when you feel like you have to already be in shape to use the gym.
toolshed
AG
quote:
I see results everyday as well. In the gym. People, eating real food, not taking drugs, not paying out money to yet another weight loss company. Eating right and moving their bodies. It isn't fast. It shouldn't be. But it is sustainable and it is reality.

I am pretty sure they said this program allows you to eat real food. The pills they take, most of which have been stated to be vitamins. I see plenty of the guys from the guy at the health/ nutrition store buying "drugs" to assist them to get where they want to be physically. And all those peeps at the gym are paying out money, to the gym, to do things they could really do at home if they wanted with resistance training and a few weights. So, I don't see why you are down on someone for trying something new. Things that work for some don't always work for everyone. If someone needs a boost to get going to get them to the point they can sustain on their own, more power to them. Don't jump on them for making the effort. Congrats to Chuck and others. Looks like it was quite the program for you.

[This message has been edited by toolshed (edited 10/8/2011 5:12p).]

[This message has been edited by toolshed (edited 10/8/2011 5:15p).]
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Comedy is thinking this temporary weight loss is anything more than just that.

and being a d o o s h is belittling someone for their weight loss.

[This message has been edited by AGnCS (edited 10/8/2011 10:13p).]
Ag20??
AG
quote:

Isn't watching your caloric intake, making new food choices, & increasing your calorie burn changing your lifestyle?

If you keep up with it, sure. But a lot of people hit their target goal (if they make it that far in the first place) and then fall off of it. The point they're trying to make is you don't need a fancy dietary regimen and pay someone the big bucks to give you pills and the like, just make it a constant thing from the get go, since you'll be doing it anyways, increase your exercise so that your metabolic rate is maintained after cutting calories, and you're on your way.

[This message has been edited by Ag20?? (edited 10/9/2011 1:48a).]
MsC2012
AG
How much is the program? I've been doing a lot of research.

Does MediClinic offer payment plans? I'm a broke excollege student.. but I've only read positive things about Medi!
RDH80
AG
you pay each week as you go...
call tomorrow and ask them what the first time fee is (blood work, etc.). I honestly don't remember how much the weekly fee is because I always get extra supplements (omega 3's , pre-mixed "shakes" and nutrition bars). Sorry I cant' be more specific.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.