Another one gone: Alfred T. Hornbacks

10,734 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Anchor
Scruffy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
DCI just sold the building.

if the girls owned the property, I doubt they would sell it.
Much like hole-in-the-wall/shadow canyon...they own the property, but other entities rent the space.
Walter Skinner
DCI Biologicals is the one that does plasma, it's not just DCI. And it's Dixie Chicken Inc, I couldn't find anything that said DCE.
TexasRebel
AG
http://www.dixiechicken.com/

it is DCI... but Dixie Chicken Enterprises does have a nice ring to it...
txnaggie98
AG
Technically biggy is right, they did not sell the property but it is under another persons name under an agreement
Newbomb_Turk
Wasn't the name previously Don Ganter Enterprises, or DGE?
rumrunner0?
quote:
I am fully aware that you can receive a DWI and still have a BAC under .08. Just like you can get a speeding ticket and be going UNDER the speed limit.

Actually, you can only be issued a DWI. If your BAC is .08 or OVER. If you are under .08, but determined that you are incapable of operating your vehicle, you will be issued a DUI.

I understand some of you may think I am splitting hairs, but they are two different charges, and the latter carries significantly less fines and penalties.
Tagguy
AG
You are absolutely correct rumrunner. That was a huge typo on my part. The two are very different. I was still thinking about the specific incident I had mentioned earlier.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
not show signs of intoxication and still get a dwi.

I said nothing about BAC.

people can have a BAC >.08 and not show any kind of intoxication.
If tests show >.08 BAC then DWI can be charged.

This notion that BAC>.08=intoxicated and BAC<.08/=intoxicated is stupid.
BurnetAg
Alfred T's was the best place back in the day. Since they changed everything went down hill. So many great memories.
rumrunner0?
quote:
I realize it's the law. it's also one of the many stupid ones.

This. If I want to go to a bar and get wasted, then get behind the wheel, any and all of the consequences should be on me. As a grown adult, you know when you have hit your limit, and the choices you should make.

Just to play devil's advocate:

A bar, just like any other business, is in business to make money. Personally, I do not blame any establishment for over serving patrons. More drinks=more money. It should be the responsibility of the customer to make sure they get home without killing themselves or anyone else.

OverR
AG
I even moved away from Aggieland and have to click on this board for the laughs.
Mr. Griswold
quote:
If you are under .08, but determined that you are incapable of operating your vehicle, you will be issued a DUI.

Not exactly. DUI, in Texas, is for minors (under 21). Adults can only be charged with DWI, regardless of BAC (so they can be charged with DWI at, above, or below 0.08). Numerous factors could cause a DWI adult's BAC to be below 0.08 at the time of the blood or breath test such as elapsed time, drug use, etc.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Griswold (edited 7/20/2011 6:22a).]
Fletch_F_Fletch
AG
quote:
I am fully aware that you can receive a DWI and still have a BAC under .08.
No, you really can't. If I got arrested for DWI and blew under .08, I'd have that sucker dismissed in less than 24 hours.

I'm sure what you were referring to was you could NOT shows signs of drunkenness but still receive a DWI because your BAC was above .08. That makes much more sense, especially because people pass the field sobriety tests all the time yet still blow above the legel limit.
Tagguy
AG
Yeah I corrected myself already...

I still had the DWI cased on my mind I had referred to earlier.
Bigbeerdrinker77
AG
I remember when that place was Sparky's. I worked at Sparky's in 1975 and 1976, and a few customers left on the tippy side. As for bac less than .08, I was on a jury panel once for a DWI case. The defendant was accused of DWI but had a bac below .08. I was not selected for the jury and I do not know how it turned out. This was in Dallas County. I personally think it is difficult to prove that a defendant is intoxicated just based on behavior, especially with a bac below the limit. The prosecutor explained that the law allows this. If I was selected, the prosecutor would have had some heavy work to do to convince me.

When I was at Sparky's the limit bac limit was .10.
halibut sinclair
^ User name checks out.
The Anchor
AG
Odd thread bump
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.