Outdoors
Sponsored by

Interest in private landowner pronghorn tag 2026

1,037 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by cb
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any interest in buying a private land owner tag for this year? I hunted this past weekend but will not be able to come back and was unsuccessful. The property has been extremely successful before and many TexAgers have taken advantage of it in the past. I can overnight the tag to you tomorrow.

The property is approximately 1000 acres located in Sherman County between Stratford and Texhoma.

Let me know if interested

nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lodging or hotel nearby?
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dalhart is 30 minutes away lots of hotels there Holiday Inn Hampton Best Western there are a couple of hotels in Stratford. I should say motels and there are some motels in Texhoma

nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang, I just looked at the season dates. I won't be able to do it unfortunately. Next two weekends are busy. Someone should do this though!!!
Honaker02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much?
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I paid 1200. I'm asking 1000.
Ag by Association
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are the dates?
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you can hunt until the 18th. And if you wanna buy it, I will overnight it to you tomorrow.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bump.

Pronghorn landowner tag for sale ($1,000). Hunt on 1,000 acres in northern Sherman County (near Stratford, TX). lots of success in the past. Season is from 10/2-10/18.
college of AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dates don't line up for me this year. But would've been awesome. I'm curious how you acquired the tag for future reference
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAg contact.

I'm being vague on purpose. If they want to chime in they certainly can.

But I've spoken to them and the landowner and all are good with me re-selling the tag. I'll put the purchaser in touch with both and send them an On-X link for the property as well as a KMZ.
E-1_97_Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Bump.

Pronghorn landowner tag for sale ($1,000). Hunt on 1,000 acres in northern Sherman County (near Stratford, TX). lots of success in the past. Season is from 10/2-10/18.

Can you please describe how the hunting goes? I've never hunted Pronghorn. Are you just turned out on the ranch to spot and stalk? Is there a guide? What's a typical distance for a shot?
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100% self guided - spot and stalk.

The ranch has some topo elevation, not much, but enough that you cannot see clearly across it from any one place.

Generally, the pronghorn hang out on the land or nearby and you spot and stalk. Folks have had success with decoys (I bought one, but didn't get to use it). See the herd, break out the decoy, rifle, and sticks, and side circle the herd, the large buck will generally come out to challenge.

Last few folks have had <200 yard shots. I was ready for 350.

There are good roads pretty much all the way around the property and there's lots of activity around it so I don't think they are too deterred by traffic. The roads around the property, will get you access to the N, S, and E sides and those are the main stalking points.
KCRanchero16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brother (class of '15) is interested but doesn't Texags. Can you shoot me an email and I put you in touch with him? I think we emailed a few years back about an 11-87 I had for sale but can't remember if that was you.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Email sent
cb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested as well. Let me know if the prior post falls through
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.