Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Mexico public lands pronghorn. Goteeeeeem!!!!

1,313 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by matthewj042
SGrem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found this buck yesterday. But our license season for this unit is only Oct 3rd thru the 5th. So had to wait till today to start hunting. Found him again at first light and put the sneak on him for several hours.

Spotted him with his does and smaller bucks. He was herding his does big time. Snuck in where I could barely see him on the horizon....then dropped down and side saddled the lil elevation change to intercept.

Then got pinned. Bad. His does and smaller bucks walked thru right in front of me on the hill across about 150 yds. I couldnt see the big one I wanted. But had a couple smaller bucks dead to rights. I even aimed at em with the safety off but decided to pass in the hopes big boy would follow his group. He didn't for a long time. And im still pinned. Took a chance to crawl a bit... seemed like forever. Some spooked some didnt. And then he walked the ridgeline and I was able to get a shot at 500 yds. Turns out getting pinned was the best thing that could have happened because gave me a chance to settle my breath cuz im fat. Couldn't have done it without my Harris bipod! Sitting on the ground and using the bipod and hit him perfect. I am beyond excited. If I had to lay down prone I wouldn't have been able to see him over the grass and brush.

Tikka T3 in 270 Win. 130gr Interbond at 3200 FPS. Entry was perfect at the shoulder and blew all the way thru with exit out in front of the opposite rear leg pulling guts out. Took out top half of heart and lungs and pulled a lot of guts out of a fist size exit hole. He still ran 200 yds at 50 mph. Have exit and entry pics i can send but they are gruesome....i know some people want to analyze bullet performance....send me a message and I can send if wanted.

https://imgur.com/a/du2rATC
Www.gowithgrem.com
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great job!
smstork1007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pasquale Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome recap
aggiesundevil4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great job!
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice speed goat.
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Excellent! I'm not sure I could nail one at 500 yards.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Nab85ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a long shot and a great goat. Congrats! What unit did you hunt?
SGrem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unit 40
Www.gowithgrem.com
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great goat! Heckuva shot! Congratulations!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well done sir!
FSGuide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats. Nice goat! Still need to mark this off my list
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very nice pronghorn. Congrats!
KatyAg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice pronghorn, great shot, and some great tasting meat.
matthewj042
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice! Congrats!
matthewj042@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.