Outdoors
Sponsored by

Deal alert: 10x42 binoculars

2,198 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by DatTallArchitect
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or maybe I should say "possible" deal alert. Bushnell has their $499 Forge 10x42 binocular on sale for $249. Which would be a very good deal if the reviews are to believed. I think shipping would about $10.

Please keep in mind that I have not used these things myself. I just know about them from the complimentary reviews I have read about them. But for anyone needing a bino of this configuration, it would be well worth your time to investigate.

C
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking for binos but if anyone else is, trust Caladan when he says something is a good deal and/or when he gives you recommendations. Dude is legit!

Thanks Caladan!
Shoalcatter22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting. Care to share a link? I haven't been able to find the deal anywhere.
Gundog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shoalcatter22 said:

Interesting. Care to share a link? I haven't been able to find the deal anywhere.


Did you try Bushnell.com?

https://www.bushnell.com/products/forge-10x42-binoculars
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always wonder why a manufacturer themselves would sell their product for 1/2 off their normal price. It's not like a distributor did a volume buy program and offering them at a deal price.
Sounds like they are overstocked and/or they haven't been selling well at the $499.00 price.
No matter. $249.00 is pretty cheap.



TAMU Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences

Boat racing is like a beautiful woman.......expensive, high maintenance, but well worth the fun!
rab79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gunny456 said:

I always wonder why a manufacturer themselves would sell their product for 1/2 off their normal price. It's not like a distributor did a volume buy program and offering them at a deal price.
Sounds like they are overstocked and/or they haven't been selling well at the $499.00 price.
No matter. $249.00 is pretty cheap.



New model coming out? My pulsar thermal is available for $1200 less than I paid for it now that there are 2 newer models on the same frame.
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the kind words!

Very good chance that a new model is coming out, as there seems to be significant changes to their lower-level binos over the past year (or maybe two). Wouldn't surprise me if the "Forge" name gets shelved.

C
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 8x42 version of these binos is now $89.99 at Amazon. These would make a great starter/loaner/truck/backup binocular.

C
Deerdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yea thinking of something like this for 6 yo grandson but of course son will want him to start with the EL Range in 10x.
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Deerdude said:

Yea thinking of something like this for 6 yo grandson but of course son will want him to start with the EL Range in 10x.

Tell son that he needs to consider your grandson's IPD, or inter-pupillary distance when picking out a bino for someone so young.

If you or your son needs some recommendations for a bino suitable for a young person, let me know.

C
Deerdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I certainly will.
Edit to add that my first optic was the 2x Weaver scope mounted on my rifle. It was gifted to me at 6 yo from grandfather but nobody considered anything I think before purchase of scope. My how time changes things.
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ordered a pair of these I think last Saturday and just got an alert that the package will be delivered today. Free shipping too.

I'm going dive hunting in Alice this weekend and will give y'all my very amateur review.
I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



JLN90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got these in from an order last week, dang good glass for the money

Caladan, Thanks for the vine here always appreciated!!
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The birds in Alice cooperated for us a few weekends ago. Post up in the dove thread when ya get back and let us know how ya did? Are you going with a guide? JS?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those 10x42 are now $199 in black, if anyone still needs some.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggieangler93 said:

Those 10x42 are now $199 in black, if anyone still needs some.

Where did you see this? I checked the Bushnell website and could not find a black version of the 10x42 Forge anywhere, and did not find any color for $199.

C
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i think I saw the Nitron series in black by mistake. Are they lesser quality?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Nitros are indeed lower quality.
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

The birds in Alice cooperated for us a few weekends ago. Post up in the dove thread when ya get back and let us know how ya did? Are you going with a guide? JS?

No. Friend of a friend with some land. They usually do well.

hopefully I have pics to post.
I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They came in today and the glass is fantastic for that price. Cant go wrong..

The reviews I read said that the glass is great but they are just a tick heavy. And they are a bit heavier than my Leupolds. But the glass, at least in my from yard on a cloudy day, is every bit as good.

Worth the money for sure.

Thanks for the tip.
I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agsalaska said:

I ordered a pair of these I think last Saturday and just got an alert that the package will be delivered today. Free shipping too.

I'm going dive hunting in Alice this weekend and will give y'all my very amateur review.

I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of this Forge binoculars.

C
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsalaska said:

They came in today and the glass is fantastic for that price. Cant go wrong..

The reviews I read said that the glass is great but they are just a tick heavy. And they are a bit heavier than my Leupolds. But the glass, at least in my from yard on a cloudy day, is every bit as good.

Worth the money for sure.

Thanks for the tip.
Did they come with a storage case? I saw a review that made it sound like they come with a harness, but the description on Bushnell's site doesn't mention either
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.