Outdoors
Sponsored by

Benchmade knife question

1,388 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by gwellis
dahouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a knife guy, but I like benchmade and carried a mini-griptilian for a few years. Now I carry a New West folder.

Anyway, I was gifted a benchmade folder and I carried it for one day but it's a little bigger than I like. I did some research and apparently this thing is rare based on eBay listings.

It's a 720SBT Mel Pardue, Axis Lock. I don't carry it so
I'd like to sell it. Preferably here if anyone is into benchmade, but I'll do eBay or open market if necessary.

I just wanted some input as I'm not super plugged in to the knife world.




Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
TexAgBolter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing to add except I love my benchmade.
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. No way I take ebay as a price to go by

2. You have already looked up the price so you might as well put a price

3. Sell to Arizona knives They have a good following

But I would post your location and a email if you are wanting any traction at all


Good luck. I am not a knife guy either but I got a crap load of them also that I am going to sell the next time the gun show is here (Well hope to sell)
maddiedou
dahouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everywhere I can find them listed they are $300+. I'm in Katy but can ship this thing anywhere. If someone here wants it I would take $250 shipped.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thats what I saw also. That seems like a great deal if I was into knives
maddiedou
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Benchmade contracted to several other knife makers over the years for various designs/collaborations.

I had an Emerson-Benchmade CQC7 back in the 90s. As I understand it, Emerson was not happy with Benchmade when they came out with the Benchmade Elishewitz Stryker. Emerson thought it was too close to his tanto blade CQC7, so he ended his contract with them.

Kershaw had the Ken Onion line, and so on.

Its probably a good way for smaller knife makers to tap into a larger market, as long as the bigger company doesn't mess it up.

I was in deer camp once and a guy was working on a deer with a Jimmy Lyle knife (Knife maker from Rambo)
& he had no idea what he had & couldn't remember where he got it.
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Bugout is about as sharp as a basketball. Meanwhile, my Spydercos cut without even opening them.

Maybe I got a lemon.
gwellis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have one very similar to that but open assist and its a stellar EDC for work etc...
Gil '91
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.