Outdoors
Sponsored by

Grill Grate for Fire Pit?

1,355 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by HTownAg98
LoneStarAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need some help from the experts on this board please.

I am having a 36 inch stone fire pit installed in my backyard. My goal is to have an expanded metal cooking grate for the fire pit.

My vision would be an adjustable height grate on a pole; with the pole having a slot built into the stone ring.

Any ideas on where to get a grate like this from? I am in the Georgetown area and have already checked a few places and they couldn't help me.

Thank you!
80sGeorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanted something like that for Indian Princess campouts years ago and had a welder make one with expanded metal. Cost about $200 when all said and done.
E-1_97_Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check out Mill Scale in Lockhart. I bet they could modify something to fit your pit.

SunrayAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We were going to do a permanent one, and got this one from academy instead.
E-1_97_Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How about this? I think this would work better than a swivel grill.
Deerdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fisher Metal in Marble Falls are great people. Have done several projects for me and sold me a half sheet of 1/2" expanded metal recently to regrate my pit at home. It's about an hour drive from Marble to G'town.
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Contact the pit man here on Tex Ags. He's in BCS, but does great work.
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you're on a budget...

LoneStarAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you all for the replies, suggestions, and ideas! I am going to run down some of them.

Except for the shopping cart…
Jasmokers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Check out JASMOKERS.COM located in Houston Texas
ThatOneGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cancooker.com/products/gravity-grill-combo

I have one of these. You can leave the stake in the ground or take it out and put it in place whenever you use it like I do. You can put a pipe in the ground with an open end that you could slide the stake into when you want to use it so you don't have to hammer it in every time. It all fits into a tote bag if you want to bring it camping or store it easily. It swivels and is height adjustable. Has a grill and griddle.
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As someone suggested my first thought was the pit man that posts on here. After seeing a couple that were posted I might buy one of those and see what I like and don't. In a year or two when that thing breaks or falls apart you'll know exactly what you want on one someone is building for you.
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
E-1_97_Guy said:

How about this? I think this would work better than a swivel grill.


You have found what I'm asking for as a Christmas present this year. Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.