Outdoors
Sponsored by

Found Aggie ring

3,099 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Duckhook
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross post from premium

Posted in premium. Friend of SIL found this in some furniture she bought. Probably won't get better pics than this. Going to try to get to Clayton Williams building if we need to.



BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would you mind sharing the name in ASCII format? This place has a wide reach, and folks with that class year probably can't read the name inside anymore...I can't.
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just for ease of reporting

https://ascend.aggienetwork.com/aggieringorder/report-lost-or-found-ring/found-rings
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Would you mind sharing the name in ASCII format? This place has a wide reach, and folks with that class year probably can't read the name inside anymore...I can't.


I blew it up like 4x and I still can't read it. Maybe the angle of the pic.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Siri has a hard time reading it to
highlonesomeaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could Grok or ChatGPT read it?
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Contrala? La Contrala? Thats a well worn ring. Someone will be very happy to get it back- even if it was replaced already.
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
highlonesomeaggie said:

Could Grok or ChatGPT read it?


Neither has been able to provide a reasonable interpretation
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChatGPT gave me a few VERY bad guesses, that I really don't see how it got to.

A.W. McCaw...

T.H. Smith
JHClark1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greetings!

I was directed to your post by Scott T. '96, who was kind enough to track down my contact information. This appears to be my Aggie Ring, which I lost many years ago. I'm genuinely grateful that it's been found and that you're looking to return it.

I'm not entirely sure what the best protocol is for an exchange, but I'd be delighted to work with you to arrange a retrieval that's convenient for both of us. Please let me know what works best for you.

Thank you again for your honesty and effort in trying to reunite this ring with its owner!
SteveBott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buy a star for one month and you have PM/DM capability to speak directly to the OP (original poster)

Or post your email, but many people believe they should not do so
Hank the Grifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe it reads "First name" H. Clark.
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JHClark1992 said:

Greetings!

I was directed to your post by Scott T. '96, who was kind enough to track down my contact information. This appears to be my Aggie Ring, which I lost many years ago. I'm genuinely grateful that it's been found and that you're looking to return it.

I'm not entirely sure what the best protocol is for an exchange, but I'd be delighted to work with you to arrange a retrieval that's convenient for both of us. Please let me know what works best for you.

Thank you again for your honesty and effort in trying to reunite this ring with its owner!


Awesome let me reach out to my SIL who knows the person that found it.

You can call or text me at 9 seven 9 two 9 nine 7 one 5 five
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that I've let the owner the story I will share here. The lady that found it said she was cleaning the piece of furniture she purchased and knocked a dirt (mud) daubers nest out of it and the ring was either fully encased or partially encased in the nest.

It ring will be dropped off at Clayton Williams building tomorrow and I believe it will be in the owners hand by the next weekend after 17 years.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did the lady confirm the name?
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another successful Texags hookup with a happy ending.
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Did the lady confirm the name?


In my possession now and that's the name.
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's awesome!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ring has been delivered to the 2nd floor of Clayton Williams building. Probably one of the coolest/most meaningful things I've been involved with as an Aggie


Now off to The Chicken for cold beer, burger and some pool! BTHOKentucky!
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is some good freaking bull right there!!!
BlueSmoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tarrantcountyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought I could make out the first name starting with a J in the pics, it's common. So not much help without the rest of the name. The user name kind of confirmed what I was thinking. Along with the middle initial and last name in the user name I was able to find someone with that name class of 1992 on the association of former students website. So it looks to all be lining up.
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RCR06 said:

Thought I could make out the first name starting with a J in the pics, it's common. So not much help without the rest of the name. The user name kind of confirmed what I was thinking. Along with the middle initial and last name in the user name I was able to find someone with that name class of 1992 on the association of former students website. So it looks to all be lining up.


I looked up every member of '92 with "H." as their middle initial and once I found the owner's name, it all lined up. The engraving on the inside of the ring had been worn as
much as the outside of the ring so I just did some extrapolating in my head for the first and last name and it made sense. It was pretty cool when he emailed me back to confirm that it was his. He created his Texags account less than a couple of minutes later and posted on this thread.
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wild take..nice job. I thought you knew him
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ta ta toothy said:

Wild take..nice job. I thought you knew him
Nope. Used the pictures you posted and figured it out on my own with the AFS website. I searched several possible letter combos before zeroing in on his middle initial.
ta ta toothy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice
SteveBott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OB knows stuff.
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

RCR06 said:

Thought I could make out the first name starting with a J in the pics, it's common. So not much help without the rest of the name. The user name kind of confirmed what I was thinking. Along with the middle initial and last name in the user name I was able to find someone with that name class of 1992 on the association of former students website. So it looks to all be lining up.


I looked up every member of '92 with "H." as their middle initial and once I found the owner's name, it all lined up. The engraving on the inside of the ring had been worn as
much as the outside of the ring so I just did some extrapolating in my head for the first and last name and it made sense. It was pretty cool when he emailed me back to confirm that it was his. He created his Texags account less than a couple of minutes later and posted on this thread.


I was wondering who figured it out and contacted him. That's pretty impressive.
redsquirrelAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coolest story in awhile.


Aggies are special.


A cut above.


Salt of the earth.


BE THE INSPIRATION
Wearer of the Ring
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a GREAT heart warming story.

But just one question. How does an Aggie ring get stuck in a mud daubers nest? Filling out that detail would be very interesting.

Unless I have mis read something.

Regardless, great Aggieness all the way through this one.
I feel so much better since about 11 a.m. CT on 20 Jan. 2025
JHClark1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the incredible people who brought my Aggie Ring home. Seventeen years after losing it, it's finally back on my finger.

Thank you to the person who discovered it while cleaning a piece of furniture she'd purchasedencased in a mud dauber's nest, it could easily have been lost forever. Thank you to the community member who posted it here and coordinated the reunion. And thank you to the fellow Aggie who tracked me down to let me know it had been found.

This experience has reminded me that Aggie pride doesn't fade with timeand neither does the kindness of those who wear the ring. To everyone who helped bring my ring home: you've restored not just a piece of jewelry, but a piece of my Aggie story.

Whoop!
Duckhook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious if you had bought a replacement in the intervening years?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.