Outdoors
Sponsored by

Overseeding a fall food plot for spring.

494 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by B-1 83
kingjaret92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Advice? Want to know what to do and have a plan for when the season ends.
ag0207
AG
I typically keep separate fall & spring plots. My spring plot I plow in the summer, plow again in February/March, & plow right before planting in late March/early April.

My fall food plot I plow in late summer and then right before planting in late September/October.
kingjaret92
AG
I have some clover and chicory in this plot with brassicas and oats. I know the clover and chicory are perennials but you suggesting just to turn that into green manure and plow/disc come spring anyways?
ag0207
AG
If that's the case I would just plan to fertilize in early spring & shred in the summer.
kingjaret92
AG
Didn't even think about that. May do that
B-1 83
AG
What clover to you have?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
kingjaret92
AG
2 different types of white clover. It's a mix from Domain Outdoors. Problem is the lack of rain, hoping we get some soon. Otherwise this post would've been pointless
B-1 83
AG
kingjaret92 said:

2 different types of white clover. It's a mix from Domain Outdoors. Problem is the lack of rain, hoping we get some soon. Otherwise this post would've been pointless
If it's white clover, you're likely in E or SE Texas with some acidic soils and rain. Usually I don't recommend "double cropping" on food plots due to moisture constraints. With the perennial broadleafs as your winter feature, you might get by with it where it normally rains. You might consider an over the top grass killer before the summer plots, and if at all possible, no till drill the summer stuff.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.