Outdoors
Sponsored by

Aerate lawn

1,140 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by B-1 83
OutdoorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Located in central Texas. I have Bermuda grass and was wondering if you can aerate lawns in the fall or just wait until May?
HTownAg98
Yes you can.
txaggie_08
AG
You can, not sure you should. Grass growth is slowing way down right now, and it won't recover until Spring.

Just wait until April/May to scalp the lawn and aerate.
El_duderino
Wait until June when it's hot and peak growing time for bermuda
southernboy1
AG
I do mine in march. I cut low almost to scalping then rake the clippings away and plug aerate. I also top dress it.
ABATTBQ87
AG
OutdoorAg said:

Located in central Texas. I have Bermuda grass and was wondering if you can aerate lawns in the fall or just wait until May?

I worked on baseball fields and we would aerated in February and then topdress with sand, and then we'd repeat the process in May before summer baseball.

Since we are expecting a dry fall and winter you may want to just stand fast and wait until February 2025
SGrem
I have a large heavy 72" plug aerator i pull with my tractor that I use about end of March or so. Then overseed and fertilize. Holy moly did the yard explode after the first time I did it! More improvement than years and years prior before I had that implement.

I do provide this as a service if someone needing it done within reasonable distance of Alvin.
Www.gowithgrem.com
B-1 83
AG
Spring is generally the best time. Throw out your fertilizer and a half inch of compost right after and stand back…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.