Outdoors
Sponsored by

Fly rod socks

700 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by One-Eyed Fat Man
One-Eyed Fat Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any 9' 4 piece fly rod socks they want to part with for cheap? I need 4 so I can pack our rods for our trip to Patagonia in January. Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, I've got a pair of XL Simms waders I'll make someone a deal on. They are the Guide model from several years back, but are in excellent shape, no leaks. Have been stored hanging in my closet. Hit me up if interested.

Here's a pic of me modeling them (on the right).

rather be fishing
AG
I would check sierratradingpost.com and backcountry.com

Those are pretty hard items to come by on the used market. You're most likely going to have to buy them new.

I would recommend getting 2 rod tubes that will each hold 2 rods and packing that way. And carry those items on the plane.
Skywalker18
AG
I have some socks and tubes from a bunch of sal****er rods sitting in the corner. I'd like to have em back but more than willing to let you borrow em for your trip!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Skywalker18 said:

I have some socks and tubes from a bunch of saltwater rods sitting in the corner. I'd like to have em back but more than willing to let you borrow em for your trip!

They go for about $30 per at the fly shops which is pretty ridiculous. With most of my newer rods I've purchased the Sage rod & reel cases and never got the aluminum tune and sock.

My wife sews well and we have some chitenge fabric we brought back from Zambia. I'll ask her to make some.

By the way, the reason I'm asking is the Simms GTS Rod and Reel Vault is on closeout about 30% off and I purchased one online today. https://www.simmsfishing.com/products/gts-rod-and-reel-vault?variant=40835970695358&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20-%20USA&utm_content=GTS%20Rod%20and%20Reel%20Vault&tw_source=google&tw_adid=&tw_campaign=19780712130&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADomSsYcP2xGLn3rzqOoD1xYmDJ9v&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs9mpgOCYiQMVNKJaBR23iTMuEAQYASABEgJVwvD_BwE
rather be fishing
AG
I have 2 different tubes I bought at steep discounts. One is a sage aluminum tube that will hole 2 4pc rods and the other is a Simms tube that will hold 2 (3 if I'm really pushing it) and it's plastic.

I paid less than $50 for each of those.
Ayto Siks
Might inquire at Bass Pro. I was trying to invent a shoulder sling fly rod case that opened like a guitar case so I could carry a spare and quickly swap rigs at the beach.

Was telling a worker at Bass Pro about it and he said they had dozens of extras because people buy combos from the display rack and don't know about the free sock or case.

He ended up giving me several hard cases for free.
Aggiecadet
That Patagonia trip sounds amazing! Unfortunately, I don't have any extra rod socks, but you might check out some local shops or online for deals. As for the waders, I might know someone looking for a pair, I'll let them know. Safe travels and tight lines in Patagonia!
Gig ‘Em, Aggies!
texas.aggie.2010
Would those waders fit a size 14 foot?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
texas.aggie.2010 said:

Would those waders fit a size 14 foot?

Pretty sure they would. Just after I got them I sent them into simms to have bigger feet put on them.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
I ended up buying one 4 piece rod sock for my wife to use as a pattern for making the others.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.