Outdoors
Sponsored by

Catastrophic flooding in Tennessee and the Carolinas

1,319 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by agAngeldad
Rocky Top Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Entire towns basically wiped off the map.
It's bad and I'm not seeing much news coverage about it.

Thread with pictures and videos from the Politics board:
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3493848

Bayou City
It's been all over the news. Super sad.
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened."

Mark Twain
AgLA06
AG
There's been coverage. The reality is this is a knock on effect of a deadly hurricane that decimated other parts of the country with a lot more force first.
zooguy96
AG
Yeah, it's been pretty bad. Luckily, we live west of there, and weren't really all that close to the major flooding. Some areas got 40 inches of rain.

Asheville has got to be bad in a major way.
txags92
AG
zooguy96 said:

Yeah, it's been pretty bad. Luckily, we live west of there, and weren't really all that close to the major flooding. Some areas got 40 inches of rain.

Asheville has got to be bad in a major way.

Thanks for checking in. Glad y'all are ok. Knew you lived it the affected area
AG81xx
AG
My daughter (class of 09) lives in Asheville with her Aggie husband and our 2 granddaughters. They just got out of town and found a VRBO in Charlotte. He's returning tomorrow to bring supplies to neighbors and picking up his brother and sister-in-law who lost their only car. The water treatment plants may be severely damaged so that may be the biggest problem.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Is FEMA/the Feds running lead on assistance efforts?
Gig 'em! '90
bkag9824
AG
AG81xx said:

My daughter (class of 09) lives in Asheville with her Aggie husband and our 2 granddaughters. They just got out of town and found a VRBO in Charlotte. He's returning tomorrow to bring supplies to neighbors and picking up his brother and sister-in-law who lost their only car. The water treatment plants may be severely damaged so that may be the biggest problem.

I have a 2 bed/bath cabin in Bryson City that they can go to for free until 10/14. Glad to rent to them at minimal mark up over base costs longer term if they need & are interested. Not looking to make solid profit off folks in that kind of situation. I'm sure insurance will help in some capacity, can worry about things like that later, just trying to help.

It's a bit closer to Asheville but not sure about roads, etc.

We are on well & septic, no issues with that. Internet is supposedly back but I would call it spotty.

Disregard the cabin's calendar on Airbnb. I will cancel other existing reservations even if it messes up my host rating for locals that have been impacted.

airbnb.com/h/trilliumway

Feel free to have them email me if they or anybody they know are interested. Username at hotmail.

dr_boogs
AG
That's good bull right there. Aggie network at work. Stand up move. I commend your gesture.
AG81xx
AG
Thanks for the generous offer. I'll pass it on to them. Hopefully they will not be displaced too long, their house didn't get damaged, just no utilities and major upheaval to infrastructure. If it looks like too long a recovery they may be coming to stay with us for a while.
Cru
S
Freaking good bull
agAngeldad
bkag9824 said:

AG81xx said:

I have a 2 bed/bath cabin in Bryson City that they can go to for free until 10/14. Glad to rent to them at minimal mark up over base costs longer term if they need & are interested. Not looking to make solid profit off folks in that kind of situation. I'm sure insurance will help in some capacity, can worry about things like that later, just trying to help.

It's a bit closer to Asheville but not sure about roads, etc.

We are on well & septic, no issues with that. Internet is supposedly back but I would call it spotty.

Disregard the cabin's calendar on Airbnb. I will cancel other existing reservations even if it messes up my host rating for locals that have been impacted.

airbnb.com/h/trilliumway

Feel free to have them email me if they or anybody they know are interested. Username at hotmail.

Good bull. Out house was hit by a tornado. Insurance will pay for time your displaced. We were out of our house for a year.
"If you got to tell em who you are, you ain't"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.