Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hebbronville and Zapata Eateries

1,356 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by plowboy1065
country
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been all around the Valley and South Texas brush country but never been through the Hebbronville or Zapata areas at eating time. Figured the outdoors board would know the best places. I'd appreciate any recommendations.
O.G.
Currently working on a project near Hebbronville, not a lot of options, but Peppers is pretty good and the prices are surprisingly low.

https://www.menupix.com/texas/restaurants/4323114/Peppers-Restaurant-Hebbronville-TX

Edit: I took this picture of the tea glass that they bring you when you order sweet tea. 1. The tea is legit sweet, and 2. Thats not the pitcher that it comes in, thats the glass....its huge. They'll also give you a big styrophome cup if you ask for it to go.

Deerdude
Back in the day, El Paraso in Zapata was the oilfield/rancher go to. These days her children run it and a few others. El Rincon de Los Angeles is Paraso operator daughter and the best of them.
Red tails is another good one with Cajun food.
Never rule out Lala's in Mirando City for good Mexican food. My great grandfather dined there, and my grandson dined there, and every generation in between.
In Hebbronville is Franks still there? Was the go to back in the day as well.
country
AG
Thanks guys. That gives me a few options. I appreciate it.
DG96
AG
El paraiso in zapata is my favorite get fat place. The chicken fried steak with gravy and cheese, and an enchilada. The Paraiso Special is what it was called. Haven't been in a few years but hopefully it's still great.
Deerdude
DG96 said:

El paraiso in zapata is my favorite get fat place. The chicken fried steak with gravy and cheese, and an enchilada. The Paraiso Special is what it was called. Haven't been in a few years but hopefully it's still great.

It's still good at Paraso. Daughter at El Rincon has identical menu and I think food quality a little better.

Can't go wrong in either place, but forgot to mention Steakhouse. Further down south closer to lake bridge and owned by another son/ brother.
DG96
ghollow
AG
Deerdude said:

Back in the day, El Paraso in Zapata was the oilfield/rancher go to. These days her children run it and a few others. El Rincon de Los Angeles is Paraso operator daughter and the best of them.
Never rule out Lala's in Mirando City for good Mexican food. My great grandfather dined there, and my grandson dined there, and every generation in between.
We ate at Lala's nearly every weekend when I had my lease down there. Great food.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
O.G.
Any of you ever stopped/eaten at Gonzalitos? Its a feed store that also sells gas and a few other things but I've heard good things about their BBQ.
Pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, officially listed as Alice, TX but straight south of San Diego.

They're on FB but I don't see a website.
AnScAggie
AG
Deerdude said:

I ate at Lala's two weeks ago and can confirm that the puffy tacos are still excellent!
texican08
AG
That place has awesome brisket and mollejas. The store is pretty cool as well.
pfo
AG
Franks in Hebronville is legendary!

Also Marie's at the Executive Inn.
yippee2
AG

Yes- good place.

O.G. said:

Any of you ever stopped/eaten at Gonzalitos? Its a feed store that also sells gas and a few other things but I've heard good things about their BBQ.
Pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, officially listed as Alice, TX but straight south of San Diego.

They're on FB but I don't see a website.
Justified
I was down there quite a while back, I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant? But that's exactly what I ate. Chicken fried steak, cheese enchilada and fries. It was amazing
General Jack D. Ripper
Las Lomitas in Hebron is good. Paraiso in Zapata isn't what it was 20 years ago.
There was this one time at ban camp…
DiskoTroop
Side Door Cafe in Fal has my favorite chicken fried steak in Texas. Worth the drive over if it were me. They have weird hours though so call ahead and make sure they're gonna be open. Tiny spot, like 7 tables.
O.G.
Drove by Franks in Hebb today, I believe they are an evening only place. Quick Google said that they don't open until 6.
plowboy1065
S
SuKasa in Hebbronville is pretty good and a great place to watch a game
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.