Outdoors
Sponsored by

Big Cat outside College Station

2,640 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Hunter
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes, its from facebook. the lady linked an old texags post about mountain lions so i figured she'd see this thread. still firm on what she thinks it is.

Yesterday
AG
I thought Tiger Woods was tearing up the local Denny's waitresses.
JP76
In what area is this suppose to be at ?
TarponChaser
Nothing more than a big, feral tomcat.
SteveBott
AG
That Tom is probably the bad ass in his neighborhood. Even the dogs get out of his way.
Catag94
AG
That's just a house cat. Zoom in and note the size relative to the blades of grass near it.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
100% house cat
Mas89
AG
SteveBott said:

That Tom is probably the bad ass in his neighborhood. Even the dogs get out of his way.
We had one of those at our barn/ shop for years. Feral but was also a dumpster diver like the others. The neighborhood dogs including my lab learned to leave him alone. Bad ass Tom cat.
A neighbor stopped by one day with his red healer on the back of a flat bed truck. The heeler jumped off as the cat almost dared him to. The dog pounced on the cat and they rolled with the cats head winding up in the dogs mouth. He shook the cat several times before the owner could get to him. Died quickly.
agsalaska
AG
If it has not been mentioned yet,

that is a house cat. Big tom cat.

We dont have one around here right now, but had a big white one for a long time that was mean as hell. He lost an ear one time, then disappeared a month or two after that. He must have been getting old or maybe had an infection.
S.A. Aggie
AG
I see Bigfoot in the woods.
vmiaptetr
AG
Ocelot
cupofjoe04
AG
Well, it's not a yellow lab, surprisingly!
purplehayes
100% a raccoon…

Probably
44mAG
AG
I'm confused. Why are we making a big deal about a house cat? Bobcats have bobbed tails, and mountain lions look nothing like this guy.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
This thread needs a real cat, so here's a pretty bobcat this week from my place.
Serious Lee
44mAG said:

I'm confused. Why are we making a big deal about a house cat? Bobcats have bobbed tails, and mountain lions look nothing like this guy.
1. cause it is pretty big for a domesticated breed. 2. I wanted the lady who posted it to see this thread, since shes dead set on it being a mt lion.
Bayou City
If she was a cougar, she'd would've known better.
cavjock88
AG
Didn't know mt. lions came in miniature tabby.
Tumble Weed
Mas89 said:

SteveBott said:

We had one of those at our barn/ shop for years. Feral but was also a dumpster diver like the others. The neighborhood dogs including my lab learned to leave him alone. Bad ass Tom cat.
A neighbor stopped by one day with his red healer on the back of a flat bed truck. The heeler jumped off as the cat almost dared him to. The dog pounced on the cat and they rolled with the cats head winding up in the dogs mouth. He shook the cat several times before the owner could get to him. Died quickly.

Heelers are great working dogs, but they are not to be messed with. Known a few that were quirky.

Relative had one that would retrieve dove for him. He would get the dove and hold it by the head when he brought it to the owner. The owner would grab the body, and the dog would rip the head off. He kept a little pile of heads next to him.
carl spacklers hat
SteveBott said:

And needs a .22 in the ear hole.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Come on outdoor board y'all know that's a cougar that was caught on Brad, Mitch and JERRYS place down south and released in college station by mfbarnes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.