Outdoors
Sponsored by

Never rent from Extra Space Storage, as they are scammers!

6,281 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Wonderer
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

So they held you to the terms you agreed to and your response is a long series of posts on a random message board griping about being scammed because they held you to the terms you agreed to?

YUUUP!
Fairview
AG
And don't forget to like and subscribe!
ItsA&InotA&M
Maybe it's an ATF issue. If the facility might not have a license to sell firearms. If they do have a FFL, then Form 4473 s/b completed and if it goes through, the guns s/b turned over to the purchaser.
cupofjoe04
AG
This thread has gone EXACTLY how I expected after reading OP.

Well done, OB. Never change.
Yesterday
AG
So we walked away with some gun cases and $321 of peaches n cream singles?
AggieOO
So basically this entire thread is just a lame attempt at trying to get more youtube subscribers.
Baseball Is Life
Belton Ag said:

Baseball Is Life said:

The auction said "Guns and ammo are not for sale.". I called to clarify what that meant. They told me any open guns or ammo had to be instantly turned over and they expected anything you found (unsupervised at home) to be turned over, which I agreed to. I won the auction and then it changed to that I had to clean the unit in front of them and give them all the guns and ammo on site. I didn't agree to that.

At that point, they banned me from the unit and wouldn't cancel the auction. That means I am out all the money, but couldn't collect on the unit. I was super nice and just trying to work through this, They 100% know what was in there, are mad I won and doing what they can to jack with me.

I'm not necessarily taking their side but if you knew going into it that the unit sale didn't include any guns or ammo, how exactly were you going to " hook the whole OB board up", as you said in your other post?

I may be misreading your posts but it sounds like you intended to keep any guns you found while unsupervised at home, which violates the terms you agreed to.

Sucks you didn't get a refund, though.

I don't want to rehash too much, as I have mostly moved on. However, like I said, I called and asked before I bid. "open guns and ammo excluded" were supposed to be about openly visible items. I even specifically asked about the cases and boxes and was misled. If I was truthfully told, cool, but that wasn't the case. They hooked me, stole my deposit and have even jacked with my auction account. Sad.
Baseball Is Life
Belton Ag said:

Bayou City said:

Lol. Looks like Cinnamon Stixxx didn't pay her unit. What's that's mother load total? $215?

I'm surprised there wasn't glitter all over that pile of scrilla.

I am posting the video sometime this weekend. Watch it. We had glitter and hair all over us and even Chase was a little snappy, but I don't care about them.
Baseball Is Life
Jason_Roofer said:

None of this makes sense. Prior to auction, the storage company has already gone through all of the unit and inventoried everything. If they didn't want you do have the guns, they would have made those disappear prior to any auction.

The storage company should never touch a lien unit. The tenant can even beat the auction winner to the faciality, to reclaim their unit. Whoever pays first, wins.

Where did you get this inventory stuff from? It's illegal as all get out.
Baseball Is Life

I am going to try and upload it tomorrow. Yes, it was 100% a stripper unit. We had glitter and hair all over us, just from stacking the money.

Again, these final photos are from Chase Bank and not my house. All money is gone.
Baseball Is Life
Baseball Is Life said:

Jason_Roofer said:

None of this makes sense. Prior to auction, the storage company has already gone through all of the unit and inventoried everything. If they didn't want you do have the guns, they would have made those disappear prior to any auction.

The storage company should never touch a lien unit. The tenant can even beat the auction winner to the faciality, to reclaim their unit. Whoever pays first, wins.

I was eating with my son and parents the other day and lost a unit via reclamation. Now, I try to pay right away and not waste any time.
Bayou City
Can someone kill this thread w fire? Obvious troll snacks.
OnlyForNow
AG
So, if I end up with a "job" that supplies me LOTS of cash in different bills I just need to take it to the bank and let them know I started buying storage units at auction and this cash was all in the storage unit.

Thanks for the money laundering idea.
I Am A Critic
Baseball Is Life said:

Jason_Roofer said:

Appropriate for a stripper.
Username checks out.
Al Bula
AG
I'm so fascinated by this thread trying to garner YouTube views. The OP is a freaking Uber eats/Door dash driver who wears a GoPro on meal pick up's and deliveries.

As fascinating/train-wreckish as the side hustle life may be, I don't wanna give any clicks to feed into his YT algo ranking.
Furlock Bones
AG
yea, i'm not giving this idiot a single click on his stupid youtube.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bayou City said:

go ahead and flag the posts as spam so staff can nuke it.
Baseball Is Life
Bayou City said:

Why would this be a troll? There have been people from this board, over to my house, buying these storage items.

Since it's not well received on this board, that's cool, and you won't see another post about it moving forward.
Jason_Roofer
Baseball Is Life said:

Jason_Roofer said:

How do you think the auction description is arrived at?

Inventory is the broad term I use for opening the unit to determine contents. Once a lien procedure is underway, the facility claims the contents. Much of this is covered under Chapter 59 of the Texas Property Code and Line item 24 on the back of a TSSA lease agreement. The back of the lease agreement will have underlined information.
AJ02
AG
Even if they don't go through it (not disputing that).....it seems like a HUGE liability to the business to let people have guns and ammo from an auction. Do they know if the person bidding is a felon who can't legally possess firearms? Do they run a background check?

I mean, if there were 40 lbs of pot in there they wouldn't be able to sell it in auction either. There's just some things that they have to draw the line on.
The Wonderer
AG
Baseball Is Life said:

Belton Ag said:

Baseball Is Life said:

The auction said "Guns and ammo are not for sale.". I called to clarify what that meant. They told me any open guns or ammo had to be instantly turned over and they expected anything you found (unsupervised at home) to be turned over, which I agreed to. I won the auction and then it changed to that I had to clean the unit in front of them and give them all the guns and ammo on site. I didn't agree to that.

At that point, they banned me from the unit and wouldn't cancel the auction. That means I am out all the money, but couldn't collect on the unit. I was super nice and just trying to work through this, They 100% know what was in there, are mad I won and doing what they can to jack with me.

I'm not necessarily taking their side but if you knew going into it that the unit sale didn't include any guns or ammo, how exactly were you going to " hook the whole OB board up", as you said in your other post?

I may be misreading your posts but it sounds like you intended to keep any guns you found while unsupervised at home, which violates the terms you agreed to.

Sucks you didn't get a refund, though.

I don't want to rehash too much, as I have mostly moved on. However, like I said, I called and asked before I bid. "open guns and ammo excluded" were supposed to be about openly visible items. I even specifically asked about the cases and boxes and was misled. If I was truthfully told, cool, but that wasn't the case. They hooked me, stole my deposit and have even jacked with my auction account. Sad.
The OP consisted of eight posts within the span of an hour and a half...

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.