Outdoors
Sponsored by

Border Collie put to sleep

2,056 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SPF250
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Her name was Pawley and we will miss her tremendously. She was a loyal and faithful companion who lived a full 15 years. So hard to pack her stuff but we must….just really sucks.

zooguy96
AG
Sorry for your loss. Never gets any easier to see your furry friends jump the rainbow.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
TxAgPE
AG
Sorry for your loss.

Just went through this myself a few weeks ago. Eventually, time will heal your pain and you will be grateful for the memories.

We do not deserve dogs. Love them while you have them.
TRIDENT
AG
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she had a great life, and enriched yours, too.
MouthBQ98
AG
Sorry for your loss, it's always tough. Dogs are so much of what people should aspire to be.
axan77
AG
Lost my young (16 months) border collie over three years ago and not over it yet. They are incredibly intelligent and sensitive dogs. So sorry for your loss.
Muzzleblast
Toughest days of our lives.
Sorry.
maroon barchetta

Aggie12B
AG
Sorry for your loss. You gave Pawley a great life. No matter how long we are lucky enough to have a pup in our life, it is Never long enough
Gunny456
AG
Sorry sir. Prayers.
agsalaska
AG
Sorry for your loss man.

I have a close relative that has a border collie and it is the only one I have ever had the pleasure of knowing well. He is about 10 now and has zero need for humans. It is really quite amazing. He sleeps in a kennel in the laundry room with no door on the kennel. He lets himself out through a doggie door in the morning and doesnt come back in all day. They used to lock the doggie door but he figured out what they wanted so now, unless it is storming and he wants in his kennel, he stays out til dark. He makes sure the animals in the pasture are aware of his presence but mostly leaves them alone.

They went to Cancun for four days and just left him extra food. He drinks out of the horse trough anyway. In fact they spend several nights a month in other places and never even think about boarding him or anything like that.

His only real downside is he likes fetch. A LOT. I mean a LOT. And can be persistent. He would chase a tennis ball into a tornado.

Just an amazingly smart dog. Smartest dog I have ever been around by a mile.

Sorry for the rant and sorry for your loss.
GrapevineAg
AG
I'm very sorry for your loss. Hope the pain and grief go away quickly and leave you with just a ton of pleasant memories.
pdc093
So sorry, 'PA'.
Prayers going up.
SPF250
AG
OP: Sorry I am late, but I just went through the same experience a week ago with my 17 1/2 year old border collie mix. She was a damn good dog. Smart and a great companion. Loved herding balls and kids. Slept right next to my side of the bed. When I get up in the middle of the night, I still find myself stepping over where she would have been.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.