Outdoors
Sponsored by

Phone number look up

1,821 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by maroon barchetta
kapon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son received a phone call and I want to find out if it's a landline or mobile and who it belongs to.
When I googled the number, nothing relevant came up.
Is there a website or service that I can use?
GIG 'EM!
EMY92
AG
Even if you find a legitimate site to look up the number, the owner of the number may not be the person who called. Scammers use local numbers to increase the chance of the call being answered. With VOIP systems, they can use any number they want. I once received a call from my number.
OnlyForNow
AG
So was it a prank or what?

If it was a threat call the damn police.

Give us the number, we'll take it from there.
B-1 83
AG
I had the same thing happen! My caller id on the TV said I was calling myself!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
kapon
AG
Sent DM
GIG 'EM!
cf21
AG
White pages can tell you if it is a land line or a cell. I haven't used it lately but now almost all are cell as copper lines are being " discontinued".
P.U.T.U
AG
It is so easy to create fake numbers these days and unless you have FBI level technology there is just about nothing you can do according to local PDs.
OnlyForNow
AG
DM'd OP

Hopefully it all works out. Was definitely not a bad/negative thing!
texasaggie2015
AG
spydialer.com
Bigballin
AG
EMY92 said:

Even if you find a legitimate site to look up the number, the owner of the number may not be the person who called. Scammers use local numbers to increase the chance of the call being answered. With VOIP systems, they can use any number they want. I once received a call from my number.
this 1000% - my number was being used for a while by scammers / spoofers claiming to be an attorneys office, demanding payment or whatever.

Got so bad that I called AT&T to see what they could do without changing my number and basically only offered up was to download their "active armor" and activate it since it was include in my service plan. It took a month for it all to subside.
kapon
AG
Thanks for the help.
Discovered it is a cell phone.
Love this site and all the helpful posters.
GIG 'EM!
maroon barchetta
I got a call this week from a number in Wharton. My phone showed a name associated with this number.

It was a 95 year-old woman who passed away in February.

People suck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.