Outdoors
Sponsored by

4 Red Wolves born!

4,389 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by C@LAg
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Dad 26
Gunny456 said:

Yea. Let's spend it on housing and feeding illegals and paying off student debts to irresponsible people. Frankly I'd rather see it spent on our wildlife than what it's typically waisted on…. I mean if it's going to be waisted.

Thank you. I'll gladly do my part for Red Wolves. Illigals can stay put
Aggie Dad 26
Hehateme1 said:

Gunny456 said:

Yea. Let's spend it on housing and feeding illegals and paying off student debts to irresponsible people. Frankly I'd rather see it spent on our wildlife than what it's typically waisted on…. I mean if it's going to be waisted.
Yes, lets don't waist it on people

Illegals aren't humans
Aggie Dad 26
Jabin said:

I thought that red wolves were actually a hybrid between other wolves and coyotes. Not true?

This is something that's been debated for decades. Last I knew, red Wolves were their own unique species. Seperate from the coyote and gray wolf.

I did a paper in school on the red wolf. I can tell you that the red wolf fits directly between the two in every way. Size, ears, howl...
AggieStan
Waste
Moses_93
AG
There is a reason we got rid of predator species...something about feeding your family...not the predator. If I have to explain it your not as smart as you think you are.
JB RAB,MMFOC '93
Mas89
AG
If they did a dna study in the areas of SE Tx where TPWD last trapped the red wolves, I bet they would find more. No way they got all of them, especially along the wooded bayou flood plains like the Luce Bayou area. Not sure to what extent they crossed with coyotes but we have seen individuals including this year that did not run or act like coyotes and are a darker color.
maroon barchetta
My next door neighbor claims to have seen one pretty recently in south Brazos County.
Aggie Dad 26
Mas89 said:

If they did a dna study in the areas of SE Tx where TPWD last trapped the red wolves, I bet they would find more. No way they got all of them, especially along the wooded bayou flood plains like the Luce Bayou area. Not sure to what extent they crossed with coyotes but we have seen individuals including this year that did not run or act like coyotes and are a darker color.

I think it was in the late 70s or early 80s they made a big attempt to capture them all. They DNA tested everything they captured and a lot of what was caught was coyote and hybrids/coyotes

Red Wolves are commonly mistaken for coyotes. They essentially look like a large coyote. They do have a deeper, more pronounced howl but not as deep as the gray wolf.
C@LAg
Moses_93 said:

There is a reason we got rid of predator species...something about feeding your family...not the predator. If I have to explain it your not as smart as you think you are.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.