Outdoors
Sponsored by

Beryl

10,074 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by milner79
letmeinnow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the last 48 hours, Beryl's projected landfall has gone from the RGV to CC, to now Victoria. Seems like at this rate, the Houston area may be the most likely landing spot. Folks in the upper Texas coast need to keep a eye on this. The keep talking about it having more time to strengthen before landfall. Stay safe.
MouthBQ98
AG
Central west texas needed that rain…
well_endowed_ag
I'm pissed that thing has gone north. Needed to come in down at the border and give San Antonio some rain. FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
letmeinnow
AG
No doubt. South Texas all the way up to the San Antonio really needed it.
letmeinnow
AG
Yep, could not agree more.
fullback44
AG
I wish it would turn more towards Rockport - Corpus area… possibly get some rain in SA area and south towards the coast
AG
From everyone in Houston, we wish it would go towards South Texas, too.
mccag
S
Looks like some of the Hill Country will get some today.
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
Deerdude
We really liked the early predictions coming on land between Tampico and Matamoros, gumming up the Rio Grande, and irrigating most of west half of Texas.

Maybe next one.
bam02
AG
Victoria??? Gonna skip the coast now? This is ridiculous.
B-1 83
AG
Motion is still at 310 degrees, which is still a solid WNW direction, and these things don't turn on a dime. That break in the block out east better get after it, or this may come in south of prediction. Even the NWS says the average miss in landfall at 36 yours is 50-60 miles and 1 category.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
909Ag2006
AG
The most recent radar I'm looking at shows it taking a more due Westerly direction here in the last few hours.
"They weren't raiding a Girl Scout troop looking for overdue library books."
Gilligan
AG
909Ag2006 said:

The most recent radar I'm looking at shows it taking a more due Westerly direction here in the last few hours.
I take screen shots from the NOAA Hurricane page and when I overlaid the last few reports its been slightly more West each time.

I am in Brazoria county so I am ok with it headed West ever so slightly.
JB!98
AG
909Ag2006 said:

Really hoping that is does not strengthen for a long while. That will keep a WNW/NW movement which would be great. 40-50 miles further W would be one way to salvage something for us.

Edit: The sat I am looking at. Really wish casting hard for more W movement!

jtp01
AG
My wife is taking 6 kids to FFA convention and will be arriving in Houston Monday afternoon after 10+ hours of driving.

Hoping it will alter its path a little but it is what it is.

We lost our ag teacher this year and my wife is an officer in the FFA booster club and she volunteered to take the group of kids that earned the trip.

Here's to hoping the next ag teacher stays longer. Our last one was pushed out for holding kids accountable for their actions and demanding proper behavior. Crazy to think some parents threw a fit about that, but here we are.
JB!98
AG
Gilligan said:

909Ag2006 said:

I take screen shots from the NOAA Hurricane page and when I overlaid the last few reports its been slightly more West each time.

I have been tracking old school also with lat and long from the updates. Wish I had some of the old paper grids that they handed out in the 70's and 80's!
ABATTBQ11
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

I'm pissed that thing has gone north. Needed to come in down at the border and give San Antonio some rain. FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Based on previous experience, we will get some wind a while helluva lot of nothing else. I'd be shocked if we picked up .5".
maroon barchetta
Gilligan said:

909Ag2006 said:

Username does not check out.
maroon barchetta
JB!98 said:

Gilligan said:

909Ag2006 said:

I have been tracking old school also with lat and long from the updates. Wish I had some of the old paper grids that they handed out in the 70's and 80's!

I knew I should have saved the book cover for my Algebra II textbook!
Ogre09
AG
jtp01 said:

My wife is taking 6 kids to FFA convention and will be arriving in Houston Monday afternoon after 10+ hours of driving.

Hoping it will alter its path a little but it is what it is.

We lost our ag teacher this year and my wife is an officer in the FFA booster club and she volunteered to take the group of kids that earned the trip.

Here's to hoping the next ag teacher stays longer. Our last one was pushed out for holding kids accountable for their actions and demanding proper behavior. Crazy to think some parents threw a fit about that, but here we are.

Might be better driving in Sunday if possible
jtp01
AG
Well I suggested the same, but she rented a van to haul the kids (she's not a school employee so she can't drive a school vehicle). Plus the VRBO they are staying in is booked for Monday also.

Gilligan
AG
The 10pm update had a decent shift west.

Everything could be different in the morning.
YellAgs
AG
Gorda gonna get it
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Just let her know Houston floods easily. Especially around downtown bayous. We're expecting up to 12" of rain which would cause hefty flooding.
jtp01
AG
I grew up down there, she went to TAMU and has family in Houston area also. She knows.

Some of these kids will have zero frame of reference for what "rain" is. We get 18" annual rainfall here. They could see a years rain in a week
mccag
S
A week hell! We've gotten that in a matter of hours many times!
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
Bayou City
I'd also like to add. If God wanted this thing anywhere other than where it's going, that's where he'd have it going. We don't control the weather and we don't question his strength or his grace. He has a plan and that plan is what's supposed to happen. That's what we can't forgot. Through this he gives us the opportunity to see his will and his power and his mercy. That's a blessing.
maroon barchetta
Oh boy. Here we go.
C@LAg
Bayou City said:

I'd also like to add. If God wanted this thing anywhere other than where it's going, that's where he'd have it going. We don't control the weather and we don't question his strength or his grace. He has a plan and that plan is what's supposed to happen. That's what we can't forgot. Through this he gives us the opportunity to see his will and his power and his mercy. That's a blessing.

why don't we just stick with facts here.
Mark Fairchild
AG
fullback44: As a Rockport resident that went through Harvey, I STRONGLY object to your post. Pray no one in Texas is affected by this storm. Really shallow post!
Quote:

I wish it would turn more towards Rockport - Corpus area… possibly get some rain in SA area and south towards the coast
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BCO07
AG
Sure do want this thing to keep rolling east
ConstructionAg01
AG
It's gonna land in Louisiana at this rate.

I gave up on this providing needed rain to the Hill Country around Thursday.
Gunny456
AG
Yes sir.
Gilligan
AG
BCO07 said:

Sure do want this thing to keep rolling east

Thank God it's tracking ever so slightly NNW.

Sorry if you need rain. I want to keep my roof.
Gilligan
AG
Still a tropical storm so far. Not much water left to develop into a cat 1.

For everyone in its path let's pray it stays a TS and weakens quickly over land.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.