Outdoors
Sponsored by

Wood Defender Sealers & Stains ?

384 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Gunny456
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone familiar with the Wood Defender products? I hear good things about them, and seems like they mainly sell through distributors and supply houses vs retail/big box. "Back in the day" distributers/supply houses were where you went for the good stuff - does that still apply in general, and specifically for the Wood Defender products? Or can you get comparable sealer/stain products at lower cost elsewhere?

I have tons of outdoor wood stuff that I really try to preserve - decks, stairs, fences, ornamental stuff. Way too much to have to replace so always on the lookout for a better product that maybe lasts a little longer - that would be worth extra $$.

I anyone does use a lot of it where do you buy it? Any info appreciated.
AgTech88
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here in the Ozarks lots of folks have log cabins, wood horse barns, etc. When I built our horse barn I used a bunch of tongue and groove 2x6's for the stall walls and outside stalls.
All the old timers up here swear by TWP wood protection products… so I used it for the horse barn about 3 years ago. Has really held up well.
It's like the standard go to product up here in this timber country for outside logs, decks, fences…. Everything exposed to the elements of sun, snow, rain up here.
It's oil based.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.