Outdoors
Sponsored by

Firearms Training Recommendation

1,154 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Mr. Dubi
MAMAG12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendation for firearm training in or near Georgetown?
vic99
AG
Sheepdog response
https://sheepdogresponse.com/
jrb2019
AG
What kind of training are you looking for? Handgun? Rifle? Basic course? Defensive course? My info is in my profile if you want to discuss
op_06
AG
https://www.cornerstoneperformance.org/

The owner is a full-time firearms/tactics instructor at my department. He's got a basic pistol class coming up he posted about the other day. It's the final day of a concurrently run instructor course so you'll get plenty of personal instruction/feedback. That one is a basic 8hr pistol course but he teaches advanced stuff also.
malenurse
AG
KR Training in Lincoln is about an hour away. Great instructors and facilities.

krtraining.com
dr_boogs
AG
Another vote for KR. Worth the drive from BCS for sure. So would say the same for Georgetown.
O.G.
So, I hadn't said anything on here because I didn't want to get told to buy an add.....but, since you asked.

I am now teaching firearm/handgun training. Shotgun & Rifle classes coming later this year.

The range/classroom is in Elgin, TX. (I'm currently living in Georgetown) & I hope to soon secure another location in Smithville & Fredericksburg.

We've had one class already and more coming up. I can do it this coming weekend, April 27 and May 4th.

There are 2 hours of classroom time first, then range time.

To be clear, this is not just a "shooting" class, this is a carrying mindset & ethics class with approximately a 500rd count. You will not be mansplained or barked at but you will come away feeling much more competent and secure knowing how to handle your firearm, and yourself should the need ever arise.

My website will be up soon, a good Aggie is building it for me, the delay in getting that done have been mine not his.

Cost is $200.

email: tacticalfamilydefense at gmail dot com
chuckr70
AG
You didn't specify what level or type of training. If it's basic handgun then call Dane at Mountain Creek gun range.

They are located about 3 miles north of Florence on 195. Good place to shoot. Ten bucks for all day shooting if you are a vet or over 65 or NRA. 254/793-3070

ldg397
AG
JRB2019 above is the way to go and he is an ag as well.
CTGilley
AG
malenurse said:

KR Training in Lincoln is about an hour away. Great instructors and facilities.

krtraining.com

I live in the same area and highly recommend KR. I went to two classes this year and will try to get another class this year.
Mr. Dubi
KR is a good guy. A real world gun guy, not a super ninja spec ops guy. Call him and he can recommend something at your level that will meet your needs, from never shot a gun to advanced competitor, but he mostly just does handgun stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.