Outdoors
Sponsored by

What kind of beer for big party?

6,141 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Daddy-O5
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

Yesterday said:

Not sure if you're getting kegs or what but Wal Mart is running a big special on Modelo at $24 for a 24 pack.
Quote:

I need to fill three huge troughs full of beer…

Filling the troughs is probably easier using a keg rather than having to open a whole bunch of cans or bottles to fill it up.
BurnetAggie99
For our Easter family reunion we filled up tubs with Yuengling Flight, Miller Lite, Shiner Bock & Lonestar.
CactusThomas
AG
JonSnow said:

At least offer one non terrible beer.

lol. List the beers you would provide.
txags92
AG
wessimo said:

txags92 said:

Yesterday said:

Not sure if you're getting kegs or what but Wal Mart is running a big special on Modelo at $24 for a 24 pack.
Quote:

Filling the troughs is probably easier using a keg rather than having to open a whole bunch of cans or bottles to fill it up.
So how many times have you been to a party and seen a trough filled with beer that wasn't in cans or bottles and iced down?
txags92
AG
CactusThomas said:

JonSnow said:

At least offer one non terrible beer.

lol. List the beers you would provide.
I bet at least 3 are double IPAs.
CactusThomas
AG
wessimo said:

txags92 said:

Yesterday said:

Quote:

Is this for real?
wessimo
AG
txags92 said:

wessimo said:

txags92 said:

Yesterday said:

Quote:

So how many times have you been to a party and seen a trough filled with beer that wasn't in cans or bottles and iced down?

Oh, a few. If it is a classy party they usually hand out straws. If not we just drink up "animal style."
bam02
AG
CactusThomas said:

wessimo said:

txags92 said:

Yesterday said:

Quote:

Is this for real?

That's a Ken M. comment!
GinMan
AG
I think all the beer snobs in this thread used to hang out with all the fly fishing snobs…. In the academic building bathrooms, at 3am…
Daddy-O5
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

guadalupeag said:

Had a party last weekend for 50+. Venue handled the alcohol but this was the break down of the tab at the end. Shiner and Ultra were over half the amount of drinks sold.

Most sold - Shiner
Close 2nd- Michelob ultra
Distant 3rd- Miller/Coors/XX/Modelo
4th - Whiteclaw type drinks
5th - Lonestar

This is the correct answer. For gatherings where people will be drinking multiple beers the "ultra light" beers are the best choices.

You could also do Yuengling Flight if you didn't want Michelob.

Flight has been my go to for parties since a neighbor introduced it to me after the initial ****** beer situation. The first "ultra light" I wpuld actually claim to enjoy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.