Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Avoidance Training

1,686 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by agvet13
agvet13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drake Sporting Dogs is offering Snake Avoidance Training this Spring!
Located in Blanco Tx just west of Austin and North of San Antonio.
$100 per dog and they get trained on Rattlesnakes, Copperhead and Water Moccasin.
Call the number on the picture to secure your spot please.

Gunny456
AG
Thank you for posting.
robbio
I wonder what their method is. I had a friend who kept some big Rattlers and when they had a training day would catch them and break out their teeth and position the snakes behind his fabricating business. I guess one time they missed a tooth because I had to see that dog.
rather be fishing
AG
I thought about this last week when my 1yo old Weim picked up a garter snake by the tail and pranced around with it a bit. I honestly should have let her hang into it long enough to get a mouth full of musk, but I didn't want her killing a snake.

In my neck of the woods, we only have a couple garter snake variants and rubber boas, so nothing to worry about, but I need her to know snakes aren't to be messed with if I ever get her out south or east.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm a really big fan of this training!

I took my hunting lab to a similar training closer to Houston. We duck hunt on some properties near the coast with quite a few rattlesnakes and other guys have had dogs get tagged before. I brought her back this year for the 2nd time and she caught their scent and immediately refused to come anywhere near the snakes, a year later.

The guy turned and asked "has she done this before? Because she smelled it right away". I'd say it worked!
agvet13
ShackelfordAg99
Justin seems allergic to his phone.
agvet13
AG
ShackelfordAg99 said:

Justin seems allergic to his phone.

He was out of town and is working through his list of callbacks! Let me know if he doesn't return your call within the hour!
ShackelfordAg99
Signed up for the am of the 14th. Seems like a good dude!!
agvet13
AG
If you are in the area this is a great tool to help your dog save his/her own life!
agvet13
agvet13
AG
Another great training day in the books! Mark your calendars for AUGUST 18th for the FALL training!! Get those dogs trained before Dove season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.