Outdoors
Sponsored by

Cell Phone Lanyard Attachment Point?

1,986 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GeorgiAg
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spend a lot of time on the water and in the woods - want to be able to hook a lanyard to my phone. Has anyone found a good product that provides a secure attachment point? Amazon has a bunch that go inside the case and stick out thru charging port opening but reviews are bad with loop material breaking easily. The Rogue Fishing Silicone Case Wrap (and a bunch of Amazon knock-offs) looks like a good solution but it too has reviews indicating the Silicone breaks and/or doesn't stay securely on the phone.

Anybody used the Rouge Fishing or any other solution that works reliably?
AgTech88
Picard
AG
This is an old man question. The typical solution at this age is a fanny pack.

texags08
AG
Picard said:

This is the way…

Just strap a yeti dry bag to your belt.
Mas89
AG
Outdoor pants with a cargo zip pocket.
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Get off your phone and enjoy the outdoors without it.
AggieStan
Cargo shorts and white socks
concac
AG
Picard said:

Only if worn around the waist.

If you wear it crossbody over the shoulder, you're just too young.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've seen a ton of ads for these over the last year. Looks like a good product.

https://www.hangtimegear.com/?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_aemBhBLEiwAT98FMtVCIf5Z4QzaSm8YX9rfoVuIiDhnmal_tFTQZnCMpp2C6769qZmQxBoCquEQAvD_BwE
AgTech88
AG
OK I must not have explained myself well. I'm not wanting to wear the damn thing on my wrist or around my neck. I just don't want it going in the water while I'm on the boat taking a picture etc.
AgTech88
dubi
AG
AgTech88 said:

OK I must not have explained myself well. I'm not wanting to wear the damn thing on my wrist or around my neck. I just don't want it going in the water while I'm on the boat taking a picture etc.
Stand in the center of the boat?
Picard
AG
Camera on a selfie stick while also using your phone to post on TexAgs

Just giving you options!

GeorgiAg
AG
AgTech88 said:

google phone waterproof lanyard. These are super cheap. Water tight seal. $12

https://www.amazon.com/PREMIUM-QUALITY-Universal-Waterproof-LANYARD/dp/B0154NH30C

LOYAL AG
AG
We bought these last summer when we went to Europe. Used them while there and my wife used hers a long time after we got back. I don't remember why she stopped but it wasn't because it failed. Good adhesive and the location of the hook was good.

OUTXE Phone Lanyard 2 Packs - 2... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MVNYCYR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Sazerac
AG
These work well and you can use the phone through the plastic. But if you have in the sun or use too much the phone will overheat. If you just want to keep it dry turn off the phone first.

I can also fit cash, cards, hotel keys in there.
dubi
AG
GeorgiAg said:

AgTech88 said:

https://www.amazon.com/PREMIUM-QUALITY-Universal-Waterproof-LANYARD/dp/B0154NH30C

We use these on vacation in the Caribbean during rainy season. They work great.
Mas89
AG
GeorgiAg said:

AgTech88 said:

https://www.amazon.com/PREMIUM-QUALITY-Universal-Waterproof-LANYARD/dp/.
AgTech88
AG
Did it block the charge port?
AgTech88
LOYAL AG
AG
AgTech88 said:

Did it block the charge port?

Sometimes it would fold down over it but not often and when it did you just pushed it out of the way.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
WaldoWings
AgTech88 said:

Spend a lot of time on the water and in the woods - want to be able to hook a lanyard to my phone. Has anyone found a good product that provides a secure attachment point? Amazon has a bunch that go inside the case and stick out thru charging port opening but reviews are bad with loop material breaking easily. The Rogue Fishing Silicone Case Wrap (and a bunch of Amazon knock-offs) looks like a good solution but it too has reviews indicating the Silicone breaks and/or doesn't stay securely on the phone.

Anybody used the Rouge Fishing or any other solution that works reliably?

I use this thing and it works great as an attachment point. I talk with it on my neck and it picks up perfectly and it's also an awesome stand to use to keep ur phone upright when watching stuff. I just copies the whole description off of Amazon.

Lamicall phone kickstand

Cell Phone Ring Holder Finger Stand - Lamicall Phone Kickstand, Metal Grip Hook Work with Magnetic Car Mount, Compatible with iPhone 14 13 12 Mini 11 Pro Xs Max XR X 8 Plus, Smartphone Accessories BLK
bam02
AG
OneMoonGoon92 said:

Dumb but predictable post. You have no idea why someone else might want or need their phone when outdoors.
GeorgiAg
AG
bam02 said:

OneMoonGoon92 said:

Dumb but predictable post. You have no idea why someone else might want or need their phone when outdoors.

They need to post pics on the outdoors board!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.