Outdoors
Sponsored by

Alone 2023

7,544 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Tanker123
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These idiots that keep trying to preserve food with a half-assed smoke job. Catch it, cook it, eat it. Calories in are calories in. Until it's basically freezing there 24/7, you aren't preserving squat
fullback44
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

These idiots that keep trying to preserve food with a half-assed smoke job. Catch it, cook it, eat it. Calories in are calories in. Until it's basically freezing there 24/7, you aren't preserving squat

I agree .. eat the calories and quit wasting them .. or do a better job smoking them but don't waste the calories that are hard to get
alvtimes
someone upthread posted about dumb "regulations" for a survival show….: tonight a duck…… no can do…. illegal …. gotta take it with bow and arrow ( first off who hunts ducks with bow and arrow? but whatever)….. u cut it free…. now shoot that mr'er with ur bow and arrow while it sits there…. a free day maybe 2 with duck for food…. o
Htownag11
AG
alvtimes said:

someone upthread posted about dumb "regulations" for a survival show….: tonight a duck…… no can do…. illegal …. gotta take it with bow and arrow ( first off who hunts ducks with bow and arrow? but whatever)….. u cut it free…. now shoot that mr'er with ur bow and arrow while it sits there…. a free day maybe 2 with duck for food…. o

I said the same thing. He freed it from the net, set it down, and then it just sat there. Grab it and wring its neck.
JaneDoe02
AG
I think Wyatt has the best chance. He seems to be making mostly good decisions and he's doing well fishing. Being Canadian is a huge advantage once the weather changes.

The dude from Georgia is going to tap as soon as the snow hits.

Alan has a decent shot too if he can get a run of fish.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, Wyatt is where I'd bet my money, although we'll see what impact losing his last treble hook has on his fishing. Alan has a fighting chance. The Taz guy may have been okay if he'd actually eaten his food vs leaving it for the local wildlife and bugs. Georgia dude has no chance and the lady is a loon whose berries are about to be kaput
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hopefully the big Georgia slug does not win. Dude fattened himself up to over 300 lbs and has basically no survival skills. 70 pounds lost so far and basically just playing the starving game.

Hoping Wyatt can keep from burning his shelter down long enough to win this thing.
fullback44
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

Immediately annoyed at the can't shoot this animal because it is protected species. This is a survival show, not a sport hunting show. I am also curious why they do not spend more time setting multiple traps.
Yeah, that always kills me every year.

'Cant shoot this animal until XX date' or when they cant use a gill net until 45 days in, etc. If you're surviving, you will do whatever you can.

You'd think they could get a waiver for 10 people to fish with a net. Im pretty sure the eco system of fish isnt that precarious.

Yeah I don't get that either … if your "surviving" your gonna eat what ever you can catch/shoot/hunt.. besides if no one is out there who is gonna know anyway.. that's the main part that bothers me about that show.. real survival years ago meant you eat whatever you can get your hands on. Some of the early tap outs are suspicious at best. But in the end it's a good show, things move slow but there is always a few people that catch a bunch of fish or shoot some animals and seem to survive fairly easy compared to the other ones
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Wyatt is going to drink himself to death if he burns that shelter down. He's got the best location and best background for fishing with a really good store of food left.

Do we keep the Australia show separate? There is some goobers on that one.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
OnlyForNow
AG
any of this streaming?
12Power
Keep it separate. Feel free to start the Aussie thread.
Rooting for the Georgia boy who has the will to win, but no food. I bet he ends up being forced out medically.
Wyatt is in the drivers seat with all that food. Only some accident takes him out.
AG
Interesting finish. Wish they would have told Mikey to just shut up and they were pulling him for medical reasons.

That was some major suffering going on at the end.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I was pulling for crazy Wyatt, but Alan was very deserving too. Alan was pretty much ready to tap out at his med check. Really close finish. Wyatt left with a good mindset, but he may see how close he got and feel like he needs a drink.

DannyDuberstein
AG
And yes, the end with 24/7 single digit to sub zero temperatures is just brutal. Makes for a bad ending. I am sure it is very helpful to shorten production of the show, but it's just a suffering contest instead of skills at the end. That's what happened here
AG
I think it was the whole toenail chat that sent him over the edge. 50 pieces of wood a day. Just mind blowing.

dmart90
AG
Alan was struggling, but they probably would have greenlighted him staying. He just seemed to lose all will power when he saw other people a realized he could just say **** it and go home. What a beating that whole thing is.

His owl experience was pretty awesome.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right, I didn't mean they were gonna take him out. But he seemed done. I think he was really close to pulling a Mikey. If not then, within a day or maybe two at the most.
JSKolache
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And yes, the end with 24/7 single digit to sub zero temperatures is just brutal. Makes for a bad ending. I am sure it is very helpful to shorten production of the show, but it's just a suffering contest instead of skills at the end. That's what happened here LAST 3 SEASONS
Tanker123
I wonder how many days of isolation it will entail for me to whine about the solitude? I did not know that was a thing.

Dr Nicole Apelian was a contestant and lasted around 50 days until she had a medical emergency. Apparently, her Alone participation has jump started her career as a forage and wild herbal medicine expert. For some reason I am following her on FB and have started foraging. Sometimes she responds to my posts on FB. I have a very good recipe for dandelions if anyone is interested. I want to improve my foraging skills. I am kind of excited because some of the weeds as we know them were super foods in the past.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.