Outdoors
Sponsored by

Reveille/Collie breeding project?

1,287 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Apache
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure how Reveille ended up a collie, but given the kind of school we are, doesn't it seem like we should be breeding our own?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Not sure how Reveille ended up a collie, but given the kind of school we are, doesn't it seem like we should be breeding our own?
vmiaptetr
AG
&ct=g
TacosaurusRex
At this point I am more surprised she isn't just cloned.
CanyonAg77
AG
We should be adopting and training several rescue dogs every year. The best behaved becomes Rev, the others are given to good homes.

That would get us back closer to the original Rev, as the supply of Italian farmers in the Brazos Valley is too low to assure a dependable supply.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Exactly, cloned, genetically modified etc.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
We should be the Armadillos.
dcbowers
AG
If we cloned Reveille, it could promote our Vet School. Also, we could name them Reveille X.1, X.2, X.3, etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EMY92
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

We should be the Armadillos.
Only if Kathy Ireland from 30 years ago joins the football team.

MouthBQ98
AG
Leave it to the pros. Some of my collies have been distantly related to a couple of past Revs. We also had one of our puppies do a stand in as "baby rev" in an ad campaign once.

You probably couldn't get someone with more breed expertise in collies than my wife, class of '99. I'm sitting right next to one of the most titled living collies in the USA as I type this, actually.
PlanoAg98
AG
Aren't Collies known for being skittish? Not a good trait to run out on a field with 100K yelling and then cannons being fired.
agnerd
AG
Why would we breed our own when we quite literally get the pick of the litter of almost any collie in the US? There isn't a breeder alive that wouldn't want the free publicity or to advertise that they supplied A&M's mascot, and that you can have a puppy from the same breeding pair. Price per dog goes from $800 to $8,000 over night. We get to pick the best temperament out of thousands of dogs in return, and that dog lives a better life than most humans. Way better than having to choose from a single litter.
CT'97
AG
The hoops A&M has to go through just to keep a dog as a mascot is nuts. All the animals that A&M keeps are highly tracked and managed. There is no way a breeding program with the intent to produce a mascot would never get approved.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Not sure how Reveille ended up a collie

First one was a mutt, second one was a Sheltie.
When the second one died, the most famous dog of the day was Lassie. We got a collie.

IMO we should have a mutt to honor the original Rev. Or maybe a Blue Lacy (True Texas Dog)
Anything but a Collie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.