Outdoors
Sponsored by

What is this dog mixed with?

2,386 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggiehunter34
BastropCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last Wednesday I lost the best dog I ever had unexpectedly. Never was a dog person until I got Sadie from the shelter. During our time together I always wondered what she was mixed with but never did DNA testing or anything like that to figure it out. Since the outdoor board knows everything, what say you? Attached are pics of her in her favorite spot and from when she was a puppy.

Brazos1865
AG
Very sorry for your loss.

I'm no expert, but I could see some German Shepherd in her face, coat, feet and tail. We have a GSD and she is an excellent dog.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sorry for your loss...

Reminds me of a dog I had for a long time that was a boxer/catahoula mix. She was a great dog. Not sure what your pup was but can see German Shepard in there. Almost looks like a little Curr in that dog too.
Doc Hayworth
She was a good looking dog. All of mine were/are rescues (mutts/cross-breeds). IMO, mixed breeds are the best.
13B
Sorry for the loss, it really stinks! If I had to guess, definitely some German Shepherd and what looks like maybe some Lab.
AgLaw94
AG
Sorry for your loss. We have a GSD/Pyrenees mix that is the best, most aid back dog I've ever had. She has the same look of your dog with the drooping ears - that's what made me think GSD/Pyr plus other.
Brazos1865
AG
A quick search for pictures of GSD-Labrador mix show some very similar traits. No idea if the pictures are actually that cross breed. I suppose the white chest could come from the Labrador side.
StinkyPinky
AG
Definitely German Shepherd is in there. The coat reminds me a part brindle boxer as well.
B-1 83
AG
That, sir, is a purebred Alabama Leghound.

Sorry for losing your pup.
MouthBQ98
AG
Might be some border collie way back in there. Definitely some GSD. Could be some of a larger terrier breed. Once they're pretty mixed it can be very difficult to tell based on the random traits that manifest.
Beckett12
AG
Awesome looking pup. Sorry for your loss. I recently lost Beckett. Decided to one more irish setter. 4th one. This one is a monster dawg....
BastropCountyAg
AG
I definitely thought she was part German Shepherd and then maybe a lab somewhere down the blood line. First dog I had on my own (aside from family dogs) and she was a best friend of mine. Hard to replace her but maybe one day when the time is right, I would want a similar breed.
LukeDuke
AG
German shepherd / lab mix is my best guess.
Muzzleblast
German Shepard, Lab, with some Cur.
aggie4christ22
I vote GSD and Catahoula mix. Heinz 57 make the best dogs.
jagsdad
Oh man. Sorry you lost your buddy. Can't help with her breeding, but she looks exactly like one that showed up here a few years ago. We get quite a few "dump" dogs out on our county road. Sed (someone elses dog) showed up one day, all skinny. Already had one dump dog, but put out some food anyway. My wife could get a little close to him, but not me. Don't know if he got beat by a man or what. Took about a year, but he finally let me pet him. After that, he became one of the best dogs we had. Lost him to a car.
Camo

She is mixed with part angel and part love.

sorry for the lose, dogs are only part of our lives, but for them we are their whole life. T&P
agsalaska
AG
agsalaska
AG

Aggiehunter34
S
I would say German Shephard and Mountain Cur for sure. Sorry for your loss....a day we all dread if you are animal lovers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.