Outdoors
Sponsored by

A&M Logo Poll

3,470 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Na Zdraví 87
Snow Monkey Ambassador
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After a couple of years of requests for it, I'm considering getting licensed to use an A&M logo on my leather goods. My question for the good folks of the OB is which logo I should go with (at least initially, may end up adding others in time). Here are the options:

A:

B:

Couple of notes: you aren't allowed to use the non-bevel logo, so that's out. I like the idea of the Texas outline, especially for the kinds of things I make, but not sure if that's just personal preference. Would love the OB's opinion on this.
malenurse
AG
The ATM over Texas has always been my favorite. One vote for that one.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Texas. No brainer
Denton82TAMU86
AG
Another vote for the outline of Texas.
SoTxAg
AG
Texas
RCR06
AG
I like both. Might hear some nonsense from the no bevel crowd.
SteveBott
AG
Texas
Funky Winkerbean
AG
A
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Outline of texas at least makes the bevel look….less bevel-y.
agnerd
AG
C. No bevel
Jabin
Just a thought - can you get a license to use both, and are you marketing primarily in Texas or nationwide?

The A&M over Texas will obviously sell better in Texas, but I wonder if the one with only the A&M logo might sell better outside the state?
Fishing Fools
A
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Jabin said:

Just a thought - can you get a license to use both, and are you marketing primarily in Texas or nationwide?

The A&M over Texas will obviously sell better in Texas, but I wonder if the one with only the A&M logo might sell better outside the state?
Once you get a license, you can use any registered mark. But in terms of production, I'll start with one before considering others. So both could be in the future . . . just looking for where I should start.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
The older I get, the more I dislike the bevel. Bevel, in theory is fine. This application of bevel is terrible. It is only about 80 percent done.

Given the two choices, I like the Texas one for the same reasons as the poster a few above me said. Less beveley.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
RCR06 said:

You're literally Hitler
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
No T-Star love?!
gigem70
AG
Of those 2 definitely Texas.
And how about a
Texas
Aggies
cupofjoe04
AG
Texas, for sure.

I've been though this process, and the licensing isn't that bad at this level. As OP said, it's the tooling up for production that is a bigger restriction. I would advise to start with the Texas Logo, as you are going to generate more initial sales with that- it pops more. Then, you can reinvest that into expanding the line if you want.

Just my .02 - but I'll be a customer of a Texas ATM logo on some leather goods!!!
Jabin
cupofjoe04 said:

Texas, for sure.

I've been though this process, and the licensing isn't that bad at this level. As OP said, it's the tooling up for production that is a bigger restriction. I would advise to start with the Texas Logo, as you are going to generate more initial sales with that- it pops more. Then, you can reinvest that into expanding the line if you want.

Just my .02 - but I'll be a customer of a Texas ATM logo on some leather goods!!!
As usual, cupofJoe is spot on!
tamc93
AG
Generally my thoughts.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
FJB 2.0 (KH)
schmellba99
AG
A
Picard
AG
Ol Sarge

RM76
AG
I'll be the spoiler. On leather goods, B may be my choice because its "less busy". Leather work is usually an art in itself, therefore a logo that is less busy would be my preference typically.
SanAntoneAg
AG
RM76 said:

I'll be the spoiler. On leather goods, B may be my choice because its "less busy". Leather work is usually an art in itself, therefore a logo that is less busy would be my preference typically.

Good point here.
cupofjoe04
AG
RM76 said:

Certainly a valid consideration here. If the logo is kept small and non-central, it could be an asset with either choice. If it is larger, it dominates the work more, and much great care needs to be taken to make sure the leather shines though.
Eliminatus
AG
RM76 said:

Hard agree. Huge fan of the Block T and is more widely known, even internationally.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
RM76 said:

Definitely a good point, and one I will talk to my stamp maker about. My plan would be to have it be fairly small, and I think it can be done in a way that makes it not too busy, but may end up being trial and error.
DatTallArchitect
AG
RM76 said:

Same here. Furthermore, I would prefer it without bevel for an even cleaner look.

That said, a duffle bag with Ol' Sarge logo would be awesome
Rex Racer
AG
A
BabaAg
AG
A
Apache
AG
B.

A is too busy & the detail will get lost.
Get Off My Lawn
Official Seal > Gig Em > Ol Sarge > TAMU > Rev > Ringy > state outline with ATM > fireants > old army AMC > beveled ATM

* Honestly, as I think through all of our mascots, associations, & numerous symbols... I lament that A&M leadership hasn't been able to create and commit to a truly great logo. Great logos are simple, iconic, immediately recognizable, and uniquely associative: Nike, McDonalds, the Olympics, and even the uterus used by the school at the other end of hwy 6. Great branding engrains your identity so far into the cultural subconscious that you no longer need letters (and especially not words) to make people think of you. A&M falls short of that.
nealan
A
or
B with no bevel
RCR06
AG
Capt. Augustus McCrae said:

RCR06 said:

You're literally Hitler

Literally?
FIDO 96
AG
This…
Or this …

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.