Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone seen a wolf in Texas?

6,296 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lknapp
BrownDeerAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have grey wolves in the north half of Wisconsin. They are huge and no way mistaken as a large coyote. Quite something to hear a pack howling while on the deer stand in the dark. Makes you walk faster in the woods on the way back to camp!
Psalm 42:1
gilmorepest
AG
This was taken from my customers game camera in Cass County 6 years ago. Not sure if it's a healthy coyote or a red wolf. Tracks were large. The other picture is probably someone's house cat that escaped.

JeremiahJohnson
AG
I have called in a coyote about the size of a german shepherd on the sabine river in NE Texas. Biggest yote I have ever seen. I would have guessed 50-60#. Maybe one would have called him a wolf.
AgEng06
AG
Healthy coyote with winter coat.
Build It
AG
Hell what do I know, I'm a gulf coast Texan, just thought wolves were pack animals. The term lone wolf comes from somewhere I guess.
CanyonAg77
AG
I've seen one in Randall County.

He was in a display in the basement of the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Said to be the last one in the Panhandle, shot 120 years ago.
C ROC N
Swamp Wolves live in those parts of the woods. They are the pets of the Sasquatch people who roam the dense covered river bottoms. Just ask those people on Nextdoor, there's thousands of sightings!!
Apache
AG
Quote:

The term lone wolf comes from somewhere I guess.
Many think the term "Lone Wolf" refers to a wolf without a pack, when in fact it is a polite way to refer to Chuck Norris without taking his name in vain. Thus the movie "Lone Wolf McQuade"

i is smart
AG
One of my neighbors on NextDoor caught this Wolf and Aoudad on their Ring Doorbell.

ThatOneGuy
AG
I took some pictures of this coyote on Galveston this summer. Looks like it's got a pretty good portion of red wolf DNA.

Apache
AG
Great pic!
The longer legs & nose definitely favor red wolf
Build It
AG
Was that off Sportsman Rd? We see them there.
ThatOneGuy
AG
It was near San Luis Pass. We could see it pouncing and hunting through the dunes from the deck of the house.
O.G.
What side of Texas is Panola County on again??

Once you've seen a legit Wolf up close, you will realize that even a 60lb dog, isn't even close to a Wolf.
FirefightAg
AG
No
Deats99
AG
Used to have a 7/8ths wolf registered Wolamute. MF was 140 lbs. He would stand up and put his paws on my shoulders and I "was" 6'1" before I shrank. If you see a wolf you will know.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
lknapp
My assistant who grew up there, said they called them Mexican Red Wolves. Doesn't mean he's right. Just saying what I saw and heard. Had plenty of coyotes out there to compare to. The "wolf" I would see had reddish markings on its back and was much larger than the coyotes.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.