Outdoors
Sponsored by

Official 2022 NFR thread

4,916 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wadd96
Aggie Hunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight starts the best 10 nights of the year. Had a great night at the awards ceremony taking home stock contractor of the year and bareback horse of the year. Our family has been beyond blessed and have the best staff, committees and cowboys in the world. Pretty sure this is the first time in history we will have 16 bull riders at the nfr do to a "screw up." I had dinner with Donnie Gay last night and he said we should ride between 6-10 bulls tonight. Let the fun begin!!!!

goadius6
AG
Congratulations, that's awesome
chris1515
AG
I'm so glad to see your post in here. I like reading your updates from the NFR!
I'll be out there for a couple days next week, attending the Wed rodeo.
wadd96
AG
Congrats! Awesome year... Have a great Finals. Trying to take the wife out there next year. Only have 03d going this week with Stockyards...
AustinCountyAg
good luck to my Bellville buds this year.
GSS
8:00 start, RFD-TV and the Cowboy Channel.

Justin Sports doc Freeman said JR Stratford, bull rider, first NFR appearance, is scheduled for shoulder surgery, post-NFR (non-riding shoulder, I assume)....but said it's been "coming out" (dislocating?) when he sleeps!
Tough guys, but 10 straight nights on a bull??
NRA Life
TSRA Life
plowboy1065
S
Why do I have the feeling I've seen these buckles before coming to this post?
Aggie Hunter
AG
I sure hope they showed Creek Young exit during the opening ceremony. It sure got western.
matthewj042
Wrecking Crew 21
Congrats!
Aggie Hunter
AG
Will be out fourth tonight in the bareback. Talking with Donnie Gay right now and he thinks we will be lucky to ride two bulls tonight. Really tough pen tonight.
wadd96
AG
Our partners at Stockyards Pro Rodeo and our Bull Man Cory Melton take home high marked bull of the night on night 1.

Let's go for a repeat tonight with 03d..

All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Donnie Gay's prediction last night was dead on with two bulls being road. I got an update on Reid this morning looks like he will for sure be out rest of finals (not going to post exact injury until it's released) We have two bulls out tonight. I will get Donnie's prediction on how many we ride during lunch. Wadd your bull look good last night sure was a tough pen.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Round 4
GSS
AustinCountyAg said:

good luck to my Bellville buds this year.
Caleb Smidt is doing great in calf roping, won the first two rounds, tied for 3rd in the third round.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
wadd96
AG
Just heard the opening bars of the War Hym after Sissyran...
Aggie Hunter
AG
Tonight's the best of the best.. 30 of the best horses and 15 of the best bulls of the year. I am expecting multiple 90+ rides tonight.

I just got word the sick bug has hit the bare back locker room so that is something to keep an eye on. I'm hearing a few with flu. They are all on antibiotics and fusions from what I'm hearing. This could get interesting the last few nights in the roughest sport.
alvtimes
Enjoy all your updates every year.. thanks!!!!
rossuvet12
AG
County Jail looked badass! Thanks for the updates and congrats on your talented stock making it to the big show!
Aggie Hunter
AG
Tristan made one hell of a ride. Was nice to get to South Point for a round win. We are half way through and we have some very tight races in multiple events except the all around and bull riding I think they are pretty much rapped up. One of my favorite horses is out tonight so hopefully we can get another trip to the big stage.
rossuvet12
AG
Nice ride! Y'all are on a roll
chris1515
AG
What's the deal with the Calgary Stampede having so much stock at the NFR? Do they have their own stock just for the stampede? Or do they just operate like any other contractor?
ilikeit
chris1515 said:

What's the deal with the Calgary Stampede having so much stock at the NFR? Do they have their own stock just for the stampede? Or do they just operate like any other contractor?
They operate like other stock contractors. They have an outstanding breeding program and will bring
bulls and horses down here for the big winter indoor rodeos
Scott Sterlings Face
AG
AH, a couple of days removed, but have you heard much of the Rocker drama behind the scenes, or is it mainly wannabe Karen playday barrel racers on facebook pumping the story?

I have heard some interesting stories about the Pendleton issue with him, but this seems like an overreaction to a punk 18 year old.

Both my mom and dad went to the NFR when in Oklahoma so they still have some old school contacts where stories are shared.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I think it's best if I stay out of the Steiner drama. The kid is very talented and I wish him the best.
Scott Sterlings Face
AG
Yeah, no doubt the kid can ride.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Great picture of "8x" wearing our frontier rodeo coffee patch.
chris1515
AG
I enjoyed tonight's performance, although it would've been nice if y'all left the good bulls at home so we could've seen a few more scores

Did I hear correctly that 22 of the bucking horses at the Finals this year are out of Night Jacket? If so, that's amazing.

I sat pretty close to the roping end, and I guess I never realized the guy behind the calves/steers coming out of the chute is launching them out. I think on every steer he was down on his hands and knees after shoving them out. That's gotta be the hardest working man at the rodeo.

I'm always impressed with the pickup men. And their horses. They just calmly ride into all kinds of chaos and do their job. To an outside observer it's pretty impressive.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Sorry I am a little late to the party tonight.
chris1515
AG
Why aren't all these bulls dehorned as calves?
Is it to make them more dangerous and intimidating to the riders? Seems like it would be a cowboy safety issue…

I'd think that back in the day, the bucking bulls were just mean SOBs that came off a ranch someplace and already had the horns before they made it into rodeo. But now, I'd think all these are identified as bucking stock before they're even born. So why not take the horns off when they're young?
ilikeit
What a night for Stetson Wright
ranchag04
AG
Said it for years. The genetics of the bulls have outpaced the genetics of the riders and the gap continues to get wider.

wadd96
AG
Absolutely the truth. But at a cost... Lifespans of bulls have diminished.
Aggie Hunter
AG
9th round of the NFR is the make or break for a lot of guys and girls. It looks like the average check is going to determine almost all the world champions (except bull riding). I really like Cole R. on painted smoke and the Hay boys are riding as good as anyone. Would love to be able to make another trip to South point tonight.
GSS
The bareback riding style, and the gear it now requires, has me skipping that event.
To each his own, but it's the only rodeo event I don't enjoy.
As an old guy, team roping is my favorite. 40+ y/o competitors!
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.