Outdoors
Sponsored by

Drop leg holster?

2,560 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SMM48
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLA06 said:

Congrats on F'ing up this thread.
100% it was me....but again, as I said, don't listen to me.
UTExan
RED III said:

O.G. said:

Not a fan of them for a handgun. I've carried gas masks down there but that's a lot less weight than a gun.

Its tacticool looking but not all that practical once you have to stand/run or anything else.
For the two of you who have mentioned running with a leg holster on, I don't plan on doing much running out on our land. Just like the concept of the ride height and ease of drawing from this rig. In fact, I don't ever run with my pistol no matter the holster or position in which I carry it. I'm not a cop chasing bad guys.

As one whose police-issue holster has ejected a Model 66 during a foot chase I agree.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
SMM48
AG
You will like it. I have that setup as well. Perfect for what you are wanting to do on your property.

Give it a go with your normal belt.

You then might want to get a dedicated gun belt with the Velcro inner belt.

The Velcro belt your loop through your pants. You can sinch this down tighter than you can a regular holed belt.

The outer belt then velcros to the inner belt. This is good for when let's say you finish where you are and want to run into Dairy Queen. Can simply take the outer belt off and still hold your pants up with inner Velcro belt
TylerAg98
AG
SMM48 said:

You will like it. I have that setup as well. Perfect for what you are wanting to do on your property.

Give it a go with your normal belt.

You then might want to get a dedicated gun belt with the Velcro inner belt.

The Velcro belt your loop through your pants. You can sinch this down tighter than you can a regular holed belt.

The outer belt then velcros to the inner belt. This is good for when let's say you finish where you are and want to run into Dairy Queen. Can simply take the outer belt off and still hold your pants up with inner Velcro belt

This is great advice. I already have 3 Velcro gun belts and two leather gun belts. I wouldn't attempt to hold the weight of a pistol with a regular belt. My dad uses a regular belt and he always carries IWB. I've been trying to convince him for years to get a gun belt, but he hasn't done it yet. Looking forward to getting this new rig and giving it a go.
SMM48
AG
Ah you're good to go.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.