Outdoors
Sponsored by

Daniel Defense M4A1

2,541 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mhnatt
petroleo y agua
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Picked up two yesterday from Nagel's here in San Antonio. Have not shot yet but can't wait to get to the range.

Thank you, John Cornyn and Co. for inspiring the purchase.

drummer0415
AG
DD gang.
GeorgiAg
AG
I see Daniel Defense every time I drive to the Ga coast. It's right off the highway. I'd love to tour their place!

GeorgiAg
AG
Here is a good article on the company with more views of the facility.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/daniel-defense-opens-new-headquarters/

AG
GeorgiAg said:

I see Daniel Defense every time I drive to the Ga coast. It's right off the highway. I'd love to tour their place!

1997 AG
AG
petroleo y agua said:

Picked up two yesterday from Nagel's here in San Antonio.

So you're why they are out of stock at my favorite gun shop...
Bigballin
AG
I've been needing a DDM4v7 for a while now. Need to just go ahead and pull the trigger as well.
HossAg
AG
Bigballin said:

I've been needing a DDM4v7 for a while now. Need to just go ahead and pull the trigger as well.
I have one and it's amazing.
petroleo y agua
1997 AG said:

petroleo y agua said:

Picked up two yesterday from Nagel's here in San Antonio.

So you're why they are out of stock at my favorite gun shop...
They had six in stock yestersy....should have 4 left.

Nagel's is the best.
petroleo y agua
See link:

https://nagelsguns.net/product/daniel-defense-ddm4-m4a1-mil-spec-carbine-5-56mm-14-5-02-088-15126-011/

Best price was $2199.
javajaws
AG
I get that DD makes some good stuff - but I really don't see anything special in their DDM rifles. Are you'll just buying these for name brand resale value or lack the time/skills for DIY builds?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Mas89
AG
I can't answer your question but would appreciate someone else telling us if DD in that price range is any better than a similar priced build.
I've never built one and know little about ars but I have zero patience for guns that don't go boom every time. And I've seen plenty of problem posts about some builds.
HossAg
AG
Mas89 said:

I can't answer your question but would appreciate someone else telling us if DD in that price range is any better than a similar priced build.
I've never built one and know little about ars but I have zero patience for guns that don't go boom every time. And I've seen plenty of problem posts about some builds.
Yeah I know I could build one, but it's really just not worth the hassle to me. Especially with something that goes bang. I like having the warranty and peace of mind that some pros put it together and tested it already.

There's no way DD is better than a build in that price range, but it's really good and I don't see myself needing another 16" AR. I decided to buy once cry once.
Bigballin
AG
That's a solid question and also why I've been dragging my feet on buying one. What pushed me to needing one is the torture tests I've seen YouTube, specifically by James Reeves on TFBTV. Beats the piss out of the gun and it still goes boom. Maybe that's the case with all ARs though.
AggieMPH2005
Excellent choice. I love my DD m4a1 upper from Brownells.
3 Toed Pete
AG
I own 2 DDs and am glad I bought them. I like having a couple of name brand quality ARs on hand. I will buy more that are different variations and for those I will go to EyeGuy.
TheEyeGuy
AG
So, I respect Daniel Defense as a very solid AR that has great consistency. They build one of the most out of the box consistent guns that you'll find, and that's why you pay a premium for them. There absolutely are AR15s that will perform at the same level (and better in some regards like accuracy) at lower price points. And, once they are broken in, probably will have the same level of reliability, but out of the box, the DD is less likely to have a problem.

With our AR15s, we have about 1 in 20 come back to us. That's mainly because I am not able to be consistent in the exact parts that we use with our base guns and because each one is built with a much more human touch to it so there's just more room for things that need to be tweaked. But, as it is, I am always having to look at different gas blocks, bcg, etc and those introduce variables to the builds that we may not see immediately. That being said, spend 1600 with us vs 2k with DD and you'll get a gun that is going to be a fair amount more accurate and possibly softer shooting plus you get to pick what you want on the gun. The flip side is that it is a bit more likely to not want to run perfectly well off the shelf that a DD does. If you're going to get out and practice with it, end game should be pretty damned close as far as reliability but right out of the gate, DD is pretty much the gold standard for reliability of the standard AR15 configuration (not including those with pistons or anything like that.)
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
WhoopN06
Side topic.

Eyeguy - Do you build ar pistols?
TheEyeGuy
AG
Yep
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
aggie4231
AG
Another side topic

Need to hit up Eyeguy sometime for an upper only build.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
RM1993
AG
Yet another side topic.....

Need to hit up EyeGuy for a .224 valkyrie build quote.
jpistolero02
Check out my post here. EyeGuy built this for me and it's pretty dang sweet. We had a couple of issues to work out, but it's been 100% since getting things tweaked.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3280828
mhnatt
You might want to consider getting the DDM4v7 chambered in 300bo or 6.8 SPC for practical reasons. Other than low cost plinking or taking out humans, I think the .223 is overrated and not useful.

Ditto on the DDM4v7 experience though. Virtually zero tweaks needed OOTB.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.