Outdoors
Sponsored by

Balloon Releases

5,852 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by IIIHorn
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After reading this thread I asked Mr.Diesel if he ever ran across balloons when he would be down on a ranch in Pleasanton for work during the week. His response was oh my god we see them all the time everywhere.
Potcake
AG
And if someone picks up said balloon, they are stealing because it doesn't belong to them, right?
IronRed13
AG
Weirdest thing was catching a balloon rosary float by
Ogre09
AG
Potcake said:

And if someone picks up said balloon, they are stealing because it doesn't belong to them, right?

Only if you saw the balloon fall out of an old man's shirt pocket…
ATX_AG_08
AG
Twice I've glassed one up in the mountains in southern New Mexico. Hiked all the way over to see what it was both times.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
RM1993 said:

Na Zdrav 87 said:

I found a balloon with a small note tied to it caught in a barbed wire fence on my place. It was faded and weathered. It was a note from a mom to her deceased son.

So it was pointless and we all would have been better served if she simply wrote the note and burned it on a plate to send the message wherever TF she thought the balloon was going!

Harshe, I know
To my fence in my cattle pasture.
jellycheese
AG
A marine biologist friend of mine says they find a bundle of balloons floating in the North Atlantic at least once a week while on survey trips. Those mylar balloons will travel a long way and last forever.

Funeral pyres seem to be a much more reasonable send off if you just have to have something more than a typical funeral.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0950423020305155

Apparently, mixing nitrogen and hydrogen won't achieve anything useful, but glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought about it.
milkman00
AG
So let's get behind a large tax on mylar balloons. Had one tonight in my hay field.
IIIHorn
combat wombat said:

I just became aware of someone planning a balloon release as a memorial. I am not an environmentalist but ballon releases are so problematic for wildlife. I am working very hard on keeping my mouth shut on this one and not being a Karen.

Are you concerned with inflation?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.