Outdoors
Sponsored by

Silver Wolf Ranch

17,493 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gunny456
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have driven by this place on I-10 plenty of times and always wondered. It is the place on the south side of ten, just east of seguin and east of where the new tollroad ties in. It has buffalo and a buffalo statue. Probably bison, but whatever. It has a huge structure on it with domes on either side of it. Really looks out of place.

Turns out this is owned by the La Luz del Mundo church and is a playground for their lead family. I think church is what they call themselves and most other folks call them a cult. Houston folks would recognize their place on the east side of 59 North. Seems like the leading family is in legal trouble for inappropriate sexual stuff in many different forms.

Anybody been on the ranch? How about any stories? We know stuff, right? I could not find this discussed on this site before, but maybe I missed it.

Supposed to be all sort of exotics on there. Also supposed to be a car 'museum' that isn't open to the public. No good photos of the ranch on google. Here is the spot in Houston.
Beckdiesel03
AG
We see it all the time on the way from NB to Cuero or the coast. They have a turquoise huge garage on I think FM 2538 (can't remember and too lazy to look up) that you can see the classic cars when we decide to go the back way to Gonzales instead of deal with summertime Bucees luling traffic. I've never seen a single person or signs of human life out there. I had no idea the background though.
Get Off My Lawn
Why are you interested? Weighing the cost:benefit of a great deal on a tool box?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I didn't read their whole manifesto, but I think they are into young boys and mid teens girls. Not sure my hairy 40 year old butt is what they are after. However, sounds more fun than ole boy's deer lease listed with the 7.5 year thing.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Seguin Gazette, November 2011

KINGSBURY - A fire of undetermined origin destroyed a mobile home Saturday at the Silver Wolf Ranch south of Interstate 10 at Farm Road 2438.

Guadalupe County Fire Marshal Kelly Kistner said the fire was reported at approximately 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Personnel from the Seguin Fire Department and the Kingsbury Volunteer Fire Department responded to find the mobile home heavily involved when they arrived at the ranch.

Kistner described it as a single-wide mobile home that appeared to be approximately 30 years old.
He said the fire originated in the middle of the mobile home and that the fire having started in the kitchen could not be eliminated as a possible cause.

Although the mobile home was not occupied as anyone's living quarters, breakfast was being cooked there for some ranch workers earlier on Saturday, Kistner said.

No ranch workers nor any firefighters from either department were injured in the fire.

The Silver Wolf Ranch reportedly is owned by the Light of the World Church headquartered in Guadalajara, Mexico. The ranch, now enclosing approximately 500 acres, was purchased in about 1998 from Eldon and Judy Savage who operated a drive-through wildlife park on the property.

Church officials have said the Silver Wolf Ranch, which houses a number of exotic animals, eventually will be opened to the public, but it continues to be closed except for ranch workers and followers of the Light of the World Church.

ETA: an old blog post
http://rickintx.blogspot.com/2009/06/mystery-ranch.html?m=1
Gig 'em! '90
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
It's a cult I think
Gunny456
AG
I sold a pair of Zebras to the Savages back in the early 90's. Nice folks. Don't know anything about the current owners.
Looks like they have money for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.