Outdoors
Sponsored by

YouTube - Furniture Repair Videos

1,827 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mandevilleag
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not exactly outdoors. But this stuff has been posted here before. Some of you have shown an interest in wood working and furniture building. I thought y'all might enjoy this. I have recently been sucked into YouTube antique furniture repair and furniture refinishing videos. There are two publishers that I particularly like and just had to share.

Thomas Johnson Antique Furniture Restoration - this guy does amazing work. His patience and attention to detail are incredible.

This particular repair was, as the title of the video states, masterful.

Then there's John's Furniture Repair. The lady in all these videos is pretty good, too. Not in the same level as the video above, but she is doing different work.

I'm the kind of girl who prefers to buy and old piece of furniture and repair/ refinish it than buying new so I can really appreciate what these folks are doing.

mandevilleag
Thanks for posting. I have a similar card table that I inherited from my great grandparents. I know it was in their home on Plum Street in New Orleans at least in the late 1800's. It may have come with them from upstate NY. I think they were carpetbaggers. He was director of Simonds manufacturing in New Orleans. The table had a two-piece alabaster bowl on it. My wife didn't realize it was two piece, and when she picked it up the top half fell off and gouged the table. I've been thinking about getting it repaired.

?3
?1

combat wombat™
AG
That's a gorgeous table. I have a similar card table but I believe it is a 1940s reproduction.

Is that a gouge or a Dent? Dents will sometimes come out with steam. I'm not telling you to put an iron on that table. However, do a little bit of research and you might be able to fix it yourself.
mandevilleag
combat wombat said:

That's a gorgeous table. I have a similar card table but I believe it is a 1940s reproduction.

Is that a gouge or a Dent? Dents will sometimes come out with steam. I'm not telling you to put an iron on that table. However, do a little bit of research and you might be able to fix it yourself.
Thank you. It's a bit more than a dent. There's also a small piece of veneer missing from the back left, maybe about 1 inch square that was there when I got it. If/when I get it repaired, I'll get that done too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.