Outdoors
Sponsored by

Fawn with hurt jaw

5,171 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capt. Augustus McCrae
farmersfight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you're close to BCS, my wife's family has a wildlife rehab place, Nature's Haven Wildlife Rehabilitation. Might be worth contacting.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

This thread is no bueno. Wild deer. Leave it alone. Domesticating wild animals is never good.

Throwing out a handful of corn is one thing. Straight up being their food source is totally different.

Domesticating wild animals gave you your pup. Wouldn't bash it too much

Apples to oranges.

A deer ain't a cow either. But a cow was domesticated generations before us brother. That deer is wild.
TikkaShooter
Quote:

That deer is wild.

Let him figure that out after the first swift kick to the junk when trying to capture it.
Howdy Dammit
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

This thread is no bueno. Wild deer. Leave it alone. Domesticating wild animals is never good.

Throwing out a handful of corn is one thing. Straight up being their food source is totally different.

Apples to oranges.

A deer ain't a cow either. But a cow was domesticated generations before us brother. That deer is wild.

You'd feel a little different if you pet them everyday. Not saying you're right or wrong. We have become attached and you would intervene as well. These are in no way the same animals as the ones at the lease. Scratching their heads and having them try to follow you inside ain't wild.
MrWonderful
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Apples to oranges.

I think the "that deer is wild" ship might have sailed already when humans built all through the habitat. These are neighborhood deer without the same level of natural predators to play clean up duty. If it's out at the lease, sure leave it alone, yotes will be along shortly. Kinda different when its dying slowly on your back porch IMO
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
how'd you get it to hang around the grill like that? Deer must be a fortune teller....
Post removed:
by user
O.G.
Architelico said:

how'd you get it to hang around the grill like that? Deer must be a fortune teller....
OMG....tears.....in my eyes......drink....on the screen.......
KDubAg
AG
Maybe shoot him in the nuts.
AgsMnn
AG
This has potential
Ifishandlie
AG
I'm assuming you pet the fawn, not the bigger deer

Please be careful with those bucks later in the year. They really will hurt someone. My mother took in fawns people found in parks etc. Always thought the mother left it. Game wardens brought my mother the fawns. She raised/released them. She was really good at it.

Anyway, she took in one buck. Never another. He was dangerous. Got after my brother one day for no reason. It's amazing how strong those deer are.

Those bucks literally go nuts during the rut. They'll kill a dog or a person. I'm sure you know all this, just passing on some info.

Todd 02
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

This will be my first deer season since moving to "pet" deer country. We will see how much it has softened me so far.

Howdy Dammit said:

You'd feel a little different if you pet them everyday. Not saying you're right or wrong. We have become attached and you would intervene as well. These are in no way the same animals as the ones at the lease. Scratching their heads and having them try to follow you inside ain't wild.

Oh, yeah...you're practically an oak!
AgsMnn
AG
When did nextdoor come to TexAgs?
i is smart
AG
Why on Earth are you petting them?
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
BuddysBud
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Apples to oranges.

Aren't the deer full of small ticks? Those little ticks carry Lyme disease. Probably not something you want your pet deer sharing with the family.
agent-maroon
AG
Natural selection is natural. If this happens to be the result of a trait that leads to bone tumors or whatever, do you really want that fawn to survive to reproductive age and pass that trait on?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
I feel like if this fawn dies, OP will get it cremated and put it on the mantle at the house.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.