Outdoors
Sponsored by

Agrams - just realized having withdrawl symptoms

4,268 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agrams
Old RV Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Agrams - where you been - need new project photos. Especially as its a long summer and the only thing on this board is growling pitbulls and ugly oak trees and their overhanging branches.
Sully Dog
Hey posted some stuff on facebook awhile back. Still doing great work
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Old RV Ag
AG
Sully Dog said:

Hey posted some stuff on facebook awhile back. Still doing great work
What is this "facebook" you speak of?
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
A little birdie told me he's hard at work on a desk for the baddest mother****er on the OB . . .
hudmoon
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

A little birdie told me he's hard at work on a desk for the baddest mother****er on the OB . . .

Is this a surprise gift I don't know about
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Hey Agrams - where you been - need new project photos. Especially as its a long summer and the only thing on this board is growling pitbulls and ugly oak trees and their overhanging branches.
For your information, it was an invasive oak.
drummer0415
AG

He told me it was for a guy that batted for the home team, but he doesn't discriminate so he still happy to build it.
FIDO 96
AG
I sent him a DM about 2 weeks ago for a little project. He must be buried or having the time of his life.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG

And he just got a big fresh load of the finest cedar this side of New Braunfels.
agrams
AG
I've been slammed with my day job, plus I am doing a lot of projects in parallel, which means not as many sexy finished-product pictures.

On my dockett:

4 live edge tables: 1 curly claro walnut, 1 burly claro walnut, 1 eastern black walnut, and 1 honey locust
1 honey locust desk
1 walnut bedroom set: dresser, 2 night stands, king size bed
3 mesquite display cases
3 humidors
various cutting boards.

ill post some pictures of in-progress stuff
agrams
AG
curly walnut table set

agrams
AG
Burly walnut set

agrams
AG
honey locust desk

KaneIsAble
AG
agrams said:

I've been slammed with my day job, plus I am doing a lot of projects in parallel, which means not as many sexy finished-product pictures.

On my dockett:

4 live edge tables: 1 curly claro walnut, 1 burly claro walnut, 1 eastern black walnut, and 1 honey locust
1 honey locust desk
3 mesquite display cases
3 humidors
various cutting boards.

Don't forget that corner pecan desk buddy!
Beckett12
AG
And don't forget my project! Lawyers standing desk...
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Is that a drum sander I see?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
agrams
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Don't forget that corner pecan desk buddy!
damnit....

Beckett12 said:

And don't forget my project! Lawyers standing desk...
double damnit...

Troutslime said:

Is that a drum sander I see?
yeah, wider single header sander I invested in for doing tables up to 48" wide.

Rattler12
vmiaptetr said:

Old RV Ag said:

For your information, it was an invasive oak.
Plagiarist ...
Rattler12
AgStuckinLBK said:

And he just got a big fresh load of the finest cedar this side of New Braunfels.
To use the scientifically correct nomenclature that would be the finest ash juniper ....which is classified as a weed tree..
Rattler12
agrams said:

On my dockett:

1 honey locust desk
3 mesquite display cases
3 humidors
various cutting boards.

You're busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs......out of curiosity how much did that sander set you back ?
agrams
AG
around 5.5k
Beckett12
AG
Your awesome. I am in no rush, but trying to help pay for that sander Take a look at my last email and we can figure it out.
Pepper Brooks
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

So he's the one to blame for incentivizing that neighbor to chop down that other dudes tree line.
agrams
AG
hah, more wood is the last thing I need. my goal this year was to reduce my wood pile.. but it's been going the wrong direction
billyjack2009
What do you think about the epoxy pours people do? I don't think I've seen that in your work.
GarryowenAg
AG
When was the last time you rode that bike?
danieljustin06
AG
agrams said:

On my dockett:

1 honey locust desk
3 mesquite display cases
3 humidors
various cutting boards.

And a partridge in a pear tree?
agrams
AG
prior to this morning? Tuesday. I try to ride twice a week.

I had it set out last night to check everything and have it ready to go this morning.
docaggie
AG
Yeah, I think he meant the kid's one to the upper right. I didn't even see the adult one until you gave a serious response.

Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agrams
AG
hah. I didn't even think about the kids bikes
FIDO 96
AG
agrams said:

hah. I didn't even think about the kids bikes

Hey did you get my PM?
agrams
AG
lots of family stuff this weekend, so not as much done as I would have wanted. I did get a big custom board glued up, as well as the panels for the desk sanded and pre finished. solid wood panels need to float in the frame so they can move with seasonal changes, but that means if you finish them after you frame them up then they may move and expose an unfinished line of material. can't have that, so sand then, put a base coat on, then 1 layer of topcoat. they will get 1-2 more when glued up, but there won't be any raw unfinished areas that could show through when the wood moves.

Old RV Ag
AG
Beautiful work as always. Is that some purpleheart in the cutting board? Also, gotta love the old fashion pencil sharpener in the second photo.
agrams
AG
yeah, that board was a lot more species than normal. had sine purplegeart and sapele mahogany in there too.

nothing sexy, but gluing up panels for the desk last night. I also cut all the drawer framing stock up to begin gluing up those body panels.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.