Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bonfire Pot Found - Looking for Owner

25,396 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MAROON
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

trouble said:

Look, not everyone knows how screwed up Moses is
We did our best to let everybody know when I was there...
TexasRebel
AG
Isn't there a Hullaballoo Hall on top of it now?
Cyprian
AG
Ha, most of my RABs on Facebook are all up in arms about this. The hunt is 100% on.

This one is a bit before my time, so I have no clue.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
ChipFTAC01
AG
No, that's Moore, Crocker and McInnis.
trouble
AG
They are a special lot
histag10
AG
TexasRebel said:

Isn't there a Hullaballoo Hall on top of it now?

Nope, Moses and FHK are still standing. Hullabaloo (and it's starbucks) is on top of Crocker, McInnis, and Moore.
HumpitPuryear
AG
rootube said:

Everyone knows Bonfire was primarily built by Puryear playboys so this was probably ornamental.
LOL Right on.

If Trump was an Aggie he would have been a Puryear Playboy.
CT'97
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

rootube said:

Everyone knows Bonfire was primarily built by Puryear playboys so this was probably ornamental.
LOL Right on.

All about appearances and taking credit for other peoples work, yeah, that sounds like Puryear.
Texas A&M - 144 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.
SteveBott
AG
This thread suddenly got interesting
P.H. Dexippus
AG
This thread reminded me it had been too long since I ate at J Cody's bbq...I stopped this week. Love looking over the pots and other Bonfire stuff on display.
Texmid
AG
Any suggestions on what to do with it?
Whoop Delecto
AG
DeadCiv
AG
The ultimate way to retire it is to throw on next year's Student Bonfire.

I'm sure Dion or one of the Butts would hold it for you until then, or make arrangements for you.
CCMU Coach
CT'97 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

rootube said:

LOL Right on.

All about appearances and taking credit for other peoples work, yeah, that sounds like Puryear.

As a PooAhhh, I do take exception at that remark! Most of the Northside dorms were full of guys looking at their old lady wondering what intimate contact with another actual person would be like...while we were taking up all the slack and keeping the south side girls entertained and well taken care of!

I can tell you some amazing bonfire stories about the old DG fighters. I watched their last march across campus for their last dorm pic, they swept everything not nailed down before and along with them like the Mongol hoard.

The last straw for them was the dorm pots using a chainsaw to open the door of the two fish who refused to go cut...and of coarse the incident with the female campus PD officer when she was searching the dorm room by room looking for the saw...

Different time for sure. Hard to believe how long ago it's been. I feel like burning a sofa...where is the white gas...

ESL!

Thor '89
rwtxag83
AG
CCMU Coach said:

CT'97 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

rootube said:

LOL Right on.

As a PooAhhh, I do take exception at that remark! Most of the Northside dorms were full of guys looking at their old lady wondering what intimate contact with another actual person would be like...while we were taking up all the slack and keeping the south side girls entertained and well taken care of!

I can tell you some amazing bonfire stories about the old DG fighters. I watched their last march across campus for their last dorm pic, they swept everything not nailed down before and along with them like the Mongol hoard.

The last straw for them was the dorm pots using a chainsaw to open the door of the two fish who refused to go cut...and of coarse the incident with the female campus PD officer when she was searching the dorm room by room looking for the saw...

Different time for sure. Hard to believe how long ago it's been. I feel like burning a sofa...where is the white gas...

ESL!

Thor '89

Helluva story! I think it's awesome. I'm sure the people involved and the ones who witnessed it will never forget it.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Howdy Dammit
AG
Class of '16. Pissed I missed A&M in the glory days. The amount of Redass on that thing is more than I ever saw. Hell, you can't even get most students to stand the whole game now, let alone stay the whole game.
stick93
AG
I ran it past an old Red Pot class of '91 and he showed it to another Red Pot. No recognition from either. Their suggestion was to donate it to J Cody's fwiw.
Ag 11
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

No, that's Moore, Crocker and McInnis.

RIP
saltyoldguy
AG
CCMU Coach said:

CT'97 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

rootube said:

LOL Right on.

All about appearances and taking credit for other peoples work, yeah, that sounds like Pury

and of coarse the incident with the female campus PD officer when she was searching the dorm room by room looking for the saw...

Details please, or link
NoahAg
Was the owner ever found?
CajunAggie
AG
That pot is awesome.

And...FTAC of 1990! WHOOP!

Also -- Schuhmacher Hall -- "Where the creme rises to the top." Still going strong...........

Tailgate88
AG
Just chiming in to say this thread is Good Bull!

DAMN IT I miss Bonfire.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Bird93
AG
God, I miss on campus bonfire.
RAB87
AG
Love the stories here. Damn those were good times. I was a Moses Hall Crew Chief in '86. Our Yellow Pot was Kevin Revere. Unfortunately, I don't recall a Simon.
CajunAggie
AG
Never saw a hair dryer during my time in Schuhmacher.
ChipFTAC01
AG
saltyoldguy said:

CCMU Coach said:

CT'97 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

rootube said:

LOL Right on.

All about appearances and taking credit for other peoples work, yeah, that sounds like Pury

and of coarse the incident with the female campus PD officer when she was searching the dorm room by room looking for the saw...

Details please, or link

The story as told by the legendary Texags poster DAMNGOOD 88 was that on their way to take their dorm photo for the Aggieland they held up traffic and we're bringing with them a large amount of contraband and stolen roadsigns. Included in the traffic was former campus cops chief Wiatt. So he sent over the PD to do a raid of all of the dorm. When a female cop (I always imagined her to be like Sgt Callahan from the Police Academy movies) got to one room, one wise ass DGer was sitting in his room completely naked reading a Playboy. She slowly closed the door and left and the search was aborted.
txags92
AG
UPD used to send the female officers to stand guard on the girls dorm stairwells when Moses went on their "un runs" through the girls dorms in the late 80s. Made for some fun encounters when several dozen guys in nothing but their drawers rounded the corner to the stairwell and came face to face with a female officer with a gun and a smile.
Animal Eight 84
AG
Anybody ever find out who owned the bonfire pot?
JB!98
AG
This my Dad class of '76 Davis Gary giving up his blue pot after busting an axe handle on the next in line. The guy he is blasting is class of "77 from Moore.

This is his pot from Bonfire that year. He tells me through texts that he was the first head civilian to be recognized by the red pots.

His comment on Puryear, "Puryear had a bunch of redass cutting area dudes, other than that they were a bunch of nut lickers."

Man I miss bonfire. Mine was the last to burn and that really sucks. Wish it would come back to campus.
Moses_93
AG
I remember that pot. From fall of 89 first cut can't remember the owner but I still remember the un run by the DG girls thru Moses. If you can find John Yoder he might be able to remember.
JB RAB,MMFOC '93
sts7049
SesameRAB2008
AG
I stumbled on this thread. I am curious if they ever tracked down the owner or not..
MAROON
AG
Pooh ah!

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.