Outdoors
Sponsored by

pecan bar table (and in-process dressers)

5,757 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agrams
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking good! I would have thought you cut your dovetails out with a bandsaw/scrollsaw, but that last picture would say otherwise. What is your process?
Jackrabbit Ag
AG
agrams said:

my back hurts already from this thing

That is one big ass cutting board!
agrams
AG
There is a router bit kit with a removable bushing that makes it easy to cut them out:
template:

router bit with bushing:

I didn't like the shape of the standard dovetails, as I find them too fat, so I cut templates for different shapes/sizes in to a piece of wood and use that. They aren't perfectly symmetric since the template is hand shaped, so hence why I label each end as A or B to orient them properly and they fit snuggly.
agrams
AG
drawer face work and inlays. I made jigs so that the router didnt walk or over travel with an edge guide. I made it reference off the rabbeted lip and then use the bench clamps to quickly lock everything down and run the router.

also cut the strip inlay material.. a lot of it..

agrams
AG
dovetail time.. all the big drawer front dovetails are cut. now to finish the smaller top drawers then move on to the back dovetails, which will be standard through dovetails
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.