Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC

2,285 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fightingfarmer09
drred4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have one of the RTIC ultralite hardshell coolers? Just wondering how much lighter it seems than a regular RTIC or simular brand/size cooler.
Strongwind86
AG
The RTIC Retail store is a few miles from the house. Stop by there occasionally to see what they have.

I did look at the 52 QT Ultralight cooler last time I was in there. It is lighter than the 45. Has more room on the inside.

Is it worth it to me to spend $150 on this model and get rid of my 45? Nope.

I miss the old RTIC before they had their fancy showroom. They would sell the scratch and dent/logo overruns in the old warehouse showroom for next to nothing. It was hit/miss on what they had on the floor at the time. I got my 45 qt for $75 - had a messed up logo on the lid, my 65 qt for $90. Not sure what was "wrong" with them - they work.
BQ_90
AG
Strongwind86 said:

The RTIC Retail store is a few miles from the house. Stop by there occasionally to see what they have.

I did look at the 52 QT Ultralight cooler last time I was in there. It is lighter than the 45. Has more room on the inside.

Is it worth it to me to spend $150 on this model and get rid of my 45? Nope.

I miss the old RTIC before they had their fancy showroom. They would sell the scratch and dent/logo overruns in the old warehouse showroom for next to nothing. It was hit/miss on what they had on the floor at the time. I got my 45 qt for $75 - had a messed up logo on the lid, my 65 qt for $90. Not sure what was "wrong" with them - they work.
Does igloo still,have their store on 90 in Katy. I used to go there snd buy scratch and dent stuff all the time when I lived in Belleville
Hudson2508
AG
I got one for Christmas and like it a lot. It weighs the same amount as my Yeti 35 and appears to hold ice almost as long.
AustinCountyAg
Bellville*
BQ_90
AG
Auto correct. Take it up with apple
drred4
Thanks for the responses
Post removed:
by user
General Omar
Got an RTIC ultralight as soon as they came out, ended up buying one for my son in law. I am very impressed...don't know the exact weight difference, but everyone always *****es about how heavy the Yeti is and this one is easily transported. Excellent quality, shipping time and customer service.
General Omar '79
fightingfarmer09
jayelbee said:

Are we going back the other way on coolers now? Instead of heavy duty, making an igloo, calling it "ultralight" and charge even more.

I would say from ordering these in bulk for corporate gifts that Yeti is pushing further into the luxury feel and look.

RTIC feels stagnant in their product lineup and is moving more towards "works the same, but look and feel cheap."

RTIC will probably reinvent their lineup when they copy the yeti updates to their soft coolers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.