Outdoors
Sponsored by

EDC Knife

10,455 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wodanaz
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had 3 Benchmade 531's. Love them. Thin, great blade shape and quality make. Mel Pardue design. Can be had cheaper than this but this is the first link I found...

https://www.rei.com/product/898360/benchmade-531-pardue-axis-g10-fine-blade-knife
slammerag
AG
Microtech's are nice to add to those mentioned
PneumAg
TAM85
Thanks Caladan. I ordered the knife with the G10 handles and the M4 blade.
drmwvr
AG
May be too small for what you want but I carry a WESN Microblade (plus a Olight I 1R 2 EOS) on my keychain and they have served me well.

Caladan
PneumAg said:

Anybody have some recommendations for good automatic knives for EDC?
Microtech, Heretic Knives, Benchmade, Hogue, Pro-Tech and Guardian Tactical are the brands I would recommend. If you want something on the high end of things, look at the autos from Medford Knife and Tool and Brian Tighe.
Cassius
I have a Benchmade mini grip that I used as EDC for years. Got a great deal on a Kershaw Link about a year ago on Amazon. Much better EDC because of its size and weight. I never carry the Benchmade anymore. It's a great knife, just not quite beefy enough for my taste after getting the Kershaw.
IronAg45
AG
I've got a used Benchmade 9100 Auto Stryker for sale that might work well as an edc for someone.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3170789
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This is my next EDC...

https://www.karambit.com/shop/karambits/fox-karambits/fox-599-black-g10-folding-karambit-emerson-wave/

aTm2004
AG
Kershaw Skyline. Thin, light, and holds an edge. Not an auto open, but I'm sure I could have it out of my pocket and open in the same time you have your auto out and open.

One-Eyed Fat Man
AG

ldg397
AG
Santa was very good to me even though I found my mini grip. I had a brand new benchmade mini Osborne under the tree. I love this knife so far probably weighs half what the grip weighs and looks so cool with the blue liners etc.
CT'97
AG
I carry the buck spitfire, https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-Spitfire-Folding-Knife/dp/B00BPA91Y0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=89MOCP5QSIKC&dchild=1&keywords=buck+spitfire&qid=1609253507&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=buck+spitfire%2Csporting%2C186&sr=1-3

I left a benchmade at an airport once, was supposed to be mailed back so I got the spitfire while on the trip to fill the gap. The benchmade never made it to me and the spitfire is still in my pocket all these years later.
Texas A&M - 144 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.
Thunder18
AG
I love my Benchmade Griptilian, but my in-laws bought me a little Bker Plus a few years ago that's thinner and lighter so I usually carry it over my BG
Orbital Debris
AG
I live not too far from the Spyderco factory so I got to pick up some 'factory seconds'. No flaws really visible.

Native 5 with Ti scales and S35VN blade. a dressier knife for business casual.
Paramilitary 2, DLC black S30V blade with G10 scales. I've abused this to see how it handles, and the wear is minor.

Both have nice large spyderco holes for easy one handed opening.
AgEng98
I've been carrying a Case Trapper with Kickstart and really dig it. Bigger that the Mini Grip that is laying somewhere in my FIL's pasture, but has been a great knife. Reminds me of the knives my grandfathers carried, but with modern convenience of assisted open and pocket clip.
I Like Mike
AG
Bumped this to show off my newest EDC, the Benchmade Bailout. Holy hell this knife is thin and light!

Wodanaz
AG
Seems I lost my ZT at the ranch last weekend. Can't go back to my giant Gerber auto so wondering what everybody is liking for EDC right now. So many options!
DeadCiv
AG
Was a huge Spyderco fan until I was gifted a Myerchin Gen 2 Captain Pro

https://myerchin.com/product/tf300p-gen-2-titanium-captain-pro/
Micky80
AG

Case Trapper that my son picked out for Father's Day many years ago. I carry it on my belt in a leather sheath.
schmellba99
AG
Gerber Paraframe

Cheap, thin, durable
O.G.
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

This is my next EDC...

https://www.karambit.com/shop/karambits/fox-karambits/fox-599-black-g10-folding-karambit-emerson-wave/

That's a good one. My EDC is the Emerson CQC 8. Used to carry a 7, then thought I'd lost it, so I ordered the 8...then later found the 7 in a bag. Carry the 8 full time now.

Also the WPS Clinch Pick. Once I started Jui Jitsu I saw how the reality of getting a folder open in a face to face situation would be based on Hope, at best. Plus, I like how the sharp edge of the blade is on top, not the bottom of the blade.

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/wps-clinch-pick/
bigfoot10s
AG
Kershaw Link. Everyday clipped on my pocket. Everywhere I go.

I need to carry my pistol as much as I do my knife
cuz-i-can
AG
bigfoot10s said:

I need to carry my pistol as much as I do my knife

RogueAg
AG
Kershaw Cryo

I've got 3 of them.... love that knife.

Have the Gerber Paraframe as well.... looks cool and I like it, but doesn't have assisted opening.
agfan2013
AG
Used a gift card and only paid about $50 out of my own pocket for a benchmade 940 last year, incredible knife. Well balanced, just the right length, not too bulky so it fits in a pocket well. I have quite a few pocket knives but the 940 is what gets carried every day.
Stasco
AG
I've been checking out some of the Italian made knives lately. Thinking about picking up a Giantmouse Ace Grand in tan micarta. Beautiful knife and great steel (Elmax). Also considering the Lionsteel Clap. (I'm on a bit of a micarta kick lately.)

If I were going cheaper, I'd probably go for the Hogue Deka. Awesome value for that steel and a crossbar lock.
Badace52
AG
Got drunk a few weeks back and ended up buying my holy grail knife on ebay a few weeks ago... Spent too much.

Grimsmo Norseman:

CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old Sarge
AG
Have 3:

1. EDC (new): Benchmade Bugout Mini. Very light and useful. Took the place of…..

2. Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. Much heavier than the Mini above, and also a different purpose blade (not "every day use). Will carry out to dinner, movies, live music, etc.

3. Eye Brand Clodbuster. For going to pasture/deer lease. 1 knife blade, one short drag saw blade. Slightly bigger than Case Sodbuster but 10x the knife. High carbon stainless blade. Hella tool.
Cromagnum
AG
Been carrying my Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 for the last year and a half or so. Not the easiest to sharpen due to blade geometry, paired with being CPM 20CV steel, but stays wicked sharp once you get it there. Bonus that the scales are maroon.

Caladan
Cromagnum said:

Been carrying my Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 for the last year and a half or so. Not the easiest to sharpen due to blade geometry, paired with being CPM 20CV steel, but stays wicked sharp once you get it there. Bonus that the scales are maroon.

ZT nailed the detent on this one. It's amazing how well they flip given their large blade size.

C
Wodanaz
AG
Caladan said:

Cromagnum said:

ZT nailed the detent on this one. It's amazing how well they flip given their large blade size.

C

Went with one of your original recs the Steel Will Cutjack. If I don't like it I'm only out $60 & I'll ask for a new ZT for Christmas.

Wodanaz
AG
I like that!
Caladan
Wodanaz said:

Went with one of your original recs the Steel Will Cutjack. If I don't like it I'm only out $60 & I'll ask for a new ZT for Christmas.

They've gone up in price since I purchased mine. Odds are you will like it. It has a great flipping action, easy lockbar access, and is thinner that most pocket knives of similar blade size.

C
PneumAg
Anyone know of a good quality automatic knife with a mechanism that won't easily wear out or break?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.