Outdoors
Sponsored by

M9A3 vs 92X

5,669 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
Old RV Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not really knowledgeable about Berettas. Is the M9A3 worth the extra couple hundred. Looking for a good, classic, simple 9mm for grandson present. Been screwed on the 92X orders being cancelled but seem to see some M9A3 availability. M9A3 seems to be for those planning on adding bells and whistles.

Other recs appreciated but want DA/SA so no striker models. Price range < $1000 so those beautiful CZ's will have to wait!
jwright4288
AG
CZ 75 is way under $1000. I'd go BD personally cause I hate safeties. Never shot a 92 so can't speak to that but I am a huge CZ fan.
aTm2004
AG
Have you looked at the Beretta PX4?
highvelocity
AG
M9a3 no questions asked

Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
gibberish
AG
I am not a fan of the Vertec frame, find it too small.
So if spending M9A3 money I would point you towards the 92G Elite LTT (added bonus its a G model so decocker not a safety).

and the recommendation of a CZ is never a bad one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
gibberish said:

I am not a fan of the Vertec frame, find it too small.
So if spending M9A3 money I would point you towards the 92G Elite LTT (added bonus its a G model so decocker not a safety).

and the recommendation of a CZ is never a bad one.

If I was dead set on having a Beretta, a 92 from LTT is at the top of that list. I've played with one, and I might even add one to the collection eventually. Which says a lot coming from someone who has multiple CZ's, some with some CGW and CZC custom parts in it.

But depending on what you're looking for, the SP-01 and SP-01 tactical (decocker) as well as the P-01's and PCR's should be under $1k. The polymer frame CZ's are definitely going be under $1k.

CZ's completion guns like the SP-01 Shadow, Shadow 2, and Tactical Sports Orange will be over 1k.
MisterShipWreck
I have owned 28 different Beretta 92 variants over 25+ years. My favorite of all of them is the M9A3.

I personally do not like the Vertec grip - I shoot better with the traditional Beretta grip. But, the M9A3 comes with a cool conversion grip. So, you can use either grip...

I also like that it comes with factory night sights.

I would definitely recommend the M9A3. I got one from the very first batch. I've had it around 5 years now

Old RV Ag
AG
Thanks everyone for the input and information.

highvelocity - yep, that's what I feel the M9A3 is the base to do that with
jwright - the CZ 75 BD is a worthy consideration, thanks
gibberish - if I don't get him the 92G Elite LTT, I'm gonna treat myself
jabber - oh, the SP-01 Shadow, Shadow 2, etc. are things of beauty
ShipWreck - great info from someone who's used every Beretta

Thanks everyone!

HollywoodBQ
AG
highvelocity said:

M9a3 no questions asked

Thanks for illustrating why I can't bring mine to Kalifornia. The fact that it can take a suppressor makes it an Assault Weapon and thus illegal.
MisterShipWreck
HollywoodBQ said:

highvelocity said:

M9a3 no questions asked

Thanks for illustrating why I can't bring mine to Kalifornia. The fact that it can take a suppressor makes it an Assault Weapon and thus illegal.
I do not know all the ins and outs of California law. If it isn't on "the roster", I am not sure what someone does who moves there.

But, if that is not an issue, you can just change out the barre for a normal 92FS barrel. They could be found for around $100 before all this gun craziness started
MisterShipWreck
You need MANY!

Old RV Ag
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

You need MANY!

Is this from a website or this a personal photo of part of your collection? Seems the traditional 92FS still makes you happy? - so to speak. Lol.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Thanks everyone!

On the CZ front, stay away from the word "Shadow" and you'll be in pretty good shape on price, haha.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
GeorgiAg
AG
I've already bought one gun today, dangit! I gotta stay off the Outdoors board
Old RV Ag
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

Thanks everyone!

On the CZ front, stay away from the word "Shadow" and you'll be in pretty good shape on price, haha.
Will do! It does seem to amplify the price dramatically! Still super nice guns.

A thread derail but have wanted to ask (without starting a thread), but why did they take .30-06 accelerator rounds off the market. I used them some in the early 80s for coyote and fox as the smaller bullet didn't destroy the pelt and due to the blazing velocity, didn't need to lead near as much a fast running target. However, accuracy wasn't the same and the plastic did gum up and cause added cleaning - I thought that's why they took them off. However, I recently heard by someone that law enforcement was behind it as the plastic casing didn't give the round striations for determining which gun fired it.

And yes folks, I could have used my .223 but I liked my old bolt action .30-06 for distance (lots of my shots were long shots (in more ways than one!)) and my lever action .32 WS (second favorite) wasn't any option.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Old RV Ag said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

Thanks everyone!

A thread derail but have wanted to ask (without starting a thread), but why did they take .30-06 accelerator rounds off the market. I used them some in the early 80s for coyote and fox as the smaller bullet didn't destroy the pelt and due to the blazing velocity, didn't need to lead near as much a fast running target. However, accuracy wasn't the same and the plastic did gum up and cause added cleaning - I thought that's why they took them off. However, I recently heard by someone that law enforcement was behind it as the plastic casing didn't give the round striations for determining which gun fired it.

And yes folks, I could have used my .223 but I liked my old bolt action .30-06 for distance (lots of my shots were long shots (in more ways than one!)) and my lever action .32 WS (second favorite) wasn't any option.
Before my time. I'm a child of the early 80s.
Old RV Ag
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

Thanks everyone!

Well, I feel real old right now. Maybe I'll go to Luby's for dinner to cheer myself up. Oh wait, is Luby's still around?
TheEyeGuy
AG
Old RV Ag said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Old RV Ag said:

Thanks everyone!

Well, I feel real old right now. Maybe I'll go to Luby's for dinner to cheer myself up. Oh wait, is Luby's still around?
If you didn't already know, they are going the way of the dodo.
Daddy-O5
AG
CZ SP-01 Phantom - polymer frame DA/SA with a decocker.

Only thing out of the box that I really wanted was to upgrade the sights, they were a bit small for my taste. Depending on actual price for the gun you can get the CGW pro upgrade, good sights and still be within your budget. Trigger isn't bad out of the box but the CGW makes a world of difference.
MisterShipWreck
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.